Options

Photoslide show on DVD

noiya99noiya99 Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited February 20, 2008 in Finishing School
Hello all,

I have a question for anyone that may be able to help. I have been beating my brains out with this program I have (Nero Ultra Edition 7) trying to make a photo slide show with audio. The program allows me to run through, put the pics in, add the audio and burn the dvd, however, when I put the disc in a stand alone dvd player, it doesn't work. No sound, just the slideshow. Now, Im pretty much done with this program (it was a freebie program) and now Im asking if anyone knows what a good, decently priced program might be that I can use? I went to my local BX here on our island and they don't carry anything worth mentioning. If you have some advice, please help me out ... thanks all..

-Rey
Rey Of Light Studios

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    noiya99 wrote:
    Hello all,

I have a question for anyone that may be able to help. I have been beating my brains out with this program I have (Nero Ultra Edition 7) trying to make a photo slide show with audio. The program allows me to run through, put the pics in, add the audio and burn the dvd, however, when I put the disc in a stand alone dvd player, it doesn't work. No sound, just the slideshow. Now, Im pretty much done with this program (it was a freebie program) and now Im asking if anyone knows what a good, decently priced program might be that I can use? I went to my local BX here on our island and they don't carry anything worth mentioning. If you have some advice, please help me out ... thanks all..

-Rey
    Rey Of Light Studios

I've tried many slideshow programs and finally settled on Photodex ProShow Gold. Great set of features, fairly easy to use, just works, supported by a company in the business of keeping it current (unlike many of the free programs) and supports fairly advanced capabilities if you care to do that though you don't have to. I have no connection to that company at all - I've just tried many other programs before it.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    vegasphotogvegasphotog Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008

I would NOT recommend Adobe Premiere Elements. In classic Adobe style, simple things are not simple. It's a full-blown video editor, but just making slideshows requires you to learn a fair amount about video editing and it ran really, really slowly on my computer. In contrast ProShow Gold made me a slideshow nearly instantly and I could then learn advanced features at my own pace only as desired to tweak the show further.

I've also heard good things about some of Pinnacle's products, but never used them myself.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    I use Adobe PS Elements and Premiere Elements to create slideshows as you describe.

Premiere Elements is a VERY good video editor that is all that most folks could ever ask for in that type of software. It is time consuming to set up a slideshow in Premiere, but very precise control of timings are possible. This includes flipping through photos to the beat of the music. It runs smooth and fluidly on my older single core Athlon machine.

For ease, slideshow creation is also possible in PS Elements. It allows for panning and zooming to give life to the photos. My version doesn't burn to DVD, but to cd only (later versions may have changed). Many times, I create a simple slideshow with zoom and pan in PSE. Then add music and have PSE to set the timings for the photos to match the song length. I then export the show as a video file and plop in down on the timeline in Premiere as a video clip. I can then add titles, create a dvd menu(or not) and burn it to dvd. The file that was plopped onto the timeline can also be sliced to drop in video clips or add other effects.

I have been very satisfied with these two programs. I bought them boxed together two years ago for $70 when I was frustrated with free software that had too many limitations on my own creativity. In Premiere especially, if I can think it, I can figure a way to do it, and have built some VERY fine slideshow/video projects that are very professional looking.