UK - LONDON Landscape

bashfotobashfoto Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited February 20, 2008 in Landscapes
Shooting with my new Wide Angel lens was a windy day can see it from the clouds.

What you think ?

2trees%20copy_resize.jpg
wide%20lens2%20Final_resize.jpg
lamp%20post_resize.jpg
walk%20path_resize.jpg
wide%20single%20tree%20copy_resize.jpg

thanks for viewing :)

Bashfoto

Comments

• TallyHoTallyHo Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    I like the first one the best, very relaxing image. The others seem very over saturated.
  • bashfotobashfoto Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    Hi TallyHo thanks for your Comments, im just wondering does the saturation not work for the photos ? the pathway with the bench is slightly dark and saturated i did that on purpose to give it that deep looking effect. how do i know what is overly saturated i would like to know, for me i think the photo works. if someone can point it why not it would give me something to work on :)

Thanks

TallyHo wrote:
    I like the first one the best, very relaxing image. The others seem very over saturated.

Bashfoto

• InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    The first and last photos in the set work for me (possibly because of the sky). None looked over saturated to my eyes (assumed the colour of the path and bench is a consequence of the lighting).
  • TallyHoTallyHo Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    bashfoto wrote:
    Hi TallyHo thanks for your Comments, im just wondering does the saturation not work for the photos ? the pathway with the bench is slightly dark and saturated i did that on purpose to give it that deep looking effect. how do i know what is overly saturated i would like to know, for me i think the photo works. if someone can point it why not it would give me something to work on :)

Thanks

For the second pic, my eye is drawn to the deep blue in the top right corner. I never even noticed the bench the first the first time i saw the pic. I think maybe the pic is too contrasty (for my eyes anyway). was the path the same colour originally as we see in pic 4 ?

For the 3rd pic, im curious if you were going for the almost monocromatic grass or whether you can bump the greens up a bit ?

Other than that, it looks cool, what lens you using ?
  • ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    I really like the first shot. Nice work!
  • bashfotobashfoto Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    Internaut:
    Thanks for your comments :)

kts:
    Ya i like the first one also it's got an awesome effect feels calm the clouds look pretty awesome too as it was windy so it's got a nice effect. thanks ;)

TallyHo:
    I agree now that you have mentioned it the blue on the Picture with the bench on the right corner does seem a lot saturated considering the left is not, this is becuase of the light (the sun) the contract is way higher on the right rather than the left i can see that now :) , however i did darken the picture on purpose to give it the dark effect i will try and see if i can fix it up and repost it ..

as for pic 4 path being the same color as pic 2 well differant lighting ; shows up slightly differant not as the same exaclly.
    pic 3 im going for the monochromatic effect (it has a light brown hue effect) otherwise the picture just looked boring to me.

im using Canon 10 - 22 on APS-C sensor (40d)

thx,
    kts wrote:
    I really like the first shot. Nice work!

Bashfoto