edited February 19, 2008 in People
they sale sweets on streets
255452710_4zpbh-L.jpg

255456062_GNSuP-L.jpg

255443523_SZ5Jq-L.jpg

255441941_jxoSX-L.jpg

Last one inspired by "The Afghan Girl" by Steve McCurry
all with 400D + Nifty Fifty
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• annaelycmannaelycm Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    Awais,
    I LOVE these...you are really working that new camera!!!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    annaelycm wrote:
    Awais,
    I LOVE these...you are really working that new camera!!!

Thank you very much i am glad you loved them
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    I love these shots, Awais. I really like the first one thumb.gif

When is your book coming out?
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    Thanks for posting.
    Growing with Dgrin

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    Thanks for sharing these Awais. Really love your set, especially #3! Interesting perspective - and it's almost like if you see the world in her eyes, well .... at least the sky! Beautiful!

clap.gif
  • 52Caddy52Caddy Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    Great shots Awais. It's great seeing a different culture and you do a great job capturing it!

Agnieszka wrote:
    Thanks for sharing these Awais. Really love your set, especially #3! Interesting perspective!

clap.gif
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    hi awais!

nice shots! like #2 and #3! thumb.gif

you are capturing real emotion and give it a great mood clap.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
    edited February 18, 2008
    Book soon :D
    soon as i got 50 portraits will try to make blurb book headscratch.gif :ivar

Thanks all

My Gallery
  • Lesley BrayLesley Bray Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    Great Photos
    Beautiful photographs - I always look forward to your postings.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    These are excellent. #3 for me.
  • k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    These are GREAT!!! Awesome job!
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    Your reflection in her eyes is unbelievable in the 3rd one! Her expression is lovely, as are the colors. iloveyou.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
    edited February 18, 2008
    Thanks all these all were candidates for LPS final but thought old men shot was most appropriate

Regards

My Gallery
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    Awais does it again! I need to see if my shots come out as nice if I get a nifty 50! :D

The spots of color on the girl's face... is that a result of the sweets they are selling?
    edited February 18, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Awais does it again! I need to see if my shots come out as nice if I get a nifty 50! :D

The spots of color on the girl's face... is that a result of the sweets they are selling?

Thanks Schmoo:D
    No i dont think so those blue spot are result of the sweet because sweets are white. this is something else who knows what happens tough job as they get up early in the morning and on streets till sun goes down.

My Gallery
  • zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    Great shots! But im interested in the sweets they sell, Ilike sweets... Mmmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm..
    lol
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
    edited February 18, 2008
    zacker wrote:
    Great shots! But im interested in the sweets they sell, Ilike sweets... Mmmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm..
    lol

They are called "Mkhanay" they are made of sugar looks like pop corn

My Gallery
  • christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    Number three took my breath away - FANTASTIC work, absolutely beautiful.
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D
  • Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    Excellent work, Awais! I also especially like the 3rd one. This series is another look at a culture so different from our own (pampered American) culture. To see obviously impoverished children selling candy on the street hits us in the gut emotionally, when our own children are whining about wanting the latest expensive toy or gadget! Kudos on a very impactful series, Awais. One question...in the last photo, was the girl in blue also a street candy seller? Just curious...her head wrap seems almost too clean and is such a bright color compared to the others.

~Nee
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
  • OsirisPhotoOsirisPhoto Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    Lovely as ever Awais thumb.gif So much detail and emotion.
    edited February 19, 2008
    Nee7x7 wrote:
    Excellent work, Awais! I also especially like the 3rd one. This series is another look at a culture so different from our own (pampered American) culture. To see obviously impoverished children selling candy on the street hits us in the gut emotionally, when our own children are whining about wanting the latest expensive toy or gadget! Kudos on a very impactful series, Awais. One question...in the last photo, was the girl in blue also a street candy seller? Just curious...her head wrap seems almost too clean and is such a bright color compared to the others.

~Nee

Thanks Nee we also have variations of living standards. Btw politics have ruind people like these there is mess of details that i have to explain.

Yes she was also candy seller. You can see her in 2nd shot too. May be she just bought it new headscratch.gif her scarf was just beautiful in some what dusty enviornment hence my eyes were stick on her. At first she refused for a photo and started running away while smiling in end i requested her then she agreed :D that was amazing experience

My Gallery