how cute is a baby?

ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
edited February 17, 2008 in People
Pretty darn cute if you ask me :)

Visited a friend yesterday. She was born 13 days ago, and already pretty 'awake' if you ask me:
255474809_MJ3Sx-L.jpg

not to mention the amount of hair:
255473884_GXmHJ-L.jpg

All natural light as there was only wood around, and flash just made things worse :bluduh C&c are welcome.

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    Hahaha very cute baby
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    Pretty darn cute if you ask me :)

Visited a friend yesterday. She was born 13 days ago, and already pretty 'awake' if you ask me:

All natural light as there was only wood around, and flash just made things worse :bluduh C&c are welcome.

Maybe just as well. I have read that using a flash to photograph babies may not be the best thing for their sensitive eyes. It would seem that indoors would be harder on them than outdoors since the eyes would be somewhat dialated indoors.

Besides......don't you think infants are so much prettier in natural light?
    ...and you are right...that is a head full of hair there.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    Very cute baby and the natural light suits these shots very nicely. Amazing hair! I don't think my son had that much hair till he was nearly 2!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    So very cute! Your friends are very lucky to have such a perfect little one. :smo

I love the window lighting on these. Between the other end of the life spectrum with your last thread and these, you have some wonderful light alwyas following you around. :ivar

I like the exposre of the second a lot especially as there is lots of detail in the shadows, but the highlights have gotten a bit hot.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2008
    Thanks, Awais!
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Maybe just as well. I have read that using a flash to photograph babies may not be the best thing for their sensitive eyes.
    Well, I wasn't going to put a flash full-blast in their eyes :D just a bit of bounce would have been nice. I could shoot below ISO640 and most were higher even.

But I do agree, the natural light may look better regardless thumb.gif
    edited February 17, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    Very cute baby and the natural light suits these shots very nicely. Amazing hair! I don't think my son had that much hair till he was nearly 2!
    Hehehe, yeah, I was already asking if I should make an appointment with the hairdresser for her, hahaha. Thanks!
    edited February 17, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    So very cute! Your friends are very lucky to have such a perfect little one. :smo

I love the window lighting on these. Between the other end of the life spectrum with your last thread and these, you have some wonderful light alwyas following you around. :ivar

I like the exposre of the second a lot especially as there is lots of detail in the shadows, but the highlights have gotten a bit hot.
    Thanks schmoo :smo

I do like the exposure on the second one better as well, actually. It seems to go well with the baby for some reason. The first one needed some work, and turned out to be what it is. The second one, except for a tad of noise-removal, was untouched.