Options

Yellowstone & The Tetons In The Spring?

The Wild EyeThe Wild Eye Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
Hello all!

I'm heading to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons this spring and I was wondering if any of you had any good "secret" shooting spots up there you might want to share with me? Pictures and advice would be great!!

Thanks!
The Wild Eye

Canon 1D Mark II, 16-35mm, 28-135mm, 50mm, 100-400mm, 1.4X, 600mm FD & 1.4X FD.

"Wildlife photography drives my passion. But there is something about being in the midst of a scenic view that takes your breath away."

www.SamSwartz.Net

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    Locations is the best place for people to seek out this kind of info, so hang on and I'll move your post for you thumb.gif
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited February 20, 2008
    One of the best views of the Tetons is from the alter at the Church Of The
    Transfiguration.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Check out Jackson Hole which is right outside of Wilson, it's more built up than it used to be, but it still is a quaint little town. As for Yellowstone, Yellowstone Falls always makes for good pictures, so does the area surrounding Yellowstone Lake and Inn. The inside of the hotel looks like the one from The Shining. thumb.gif
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com
  • Options
    jsmileyjsmiley Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2008
    Jackson holethumb.gif Wyoming is field with so many wonderful places to photograph. I shot there a few years ago. Check out this link in Journal, Most of the shots have description's.

http://www.smileysphotography.com/gallery/3217176_Rnsuv

John