Options

Painting with light!

OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
edited February 19, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I'm not sure where this should go, not quite a macro, not a landscape. I shot this tonite, in a dark room, used a mini mag light to paint the light on. Used 7 sec @ f16. Nikon D70s, 18-70. Comments are welcome!

255735614_tzB9n-L.jpg
Have a great day!
Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    OrvSal wrote:
    I'm not sure where this should go, not quite a macro, not a landscape. I shot this tonite, in a dark room, used a mini mag light to paint the light on. Used 7 sec @ f16. Nikon D70s, 18-70. Comments are welcome!

Wow OrvSal, I would have guess that you did this with a little torch eek7.gif
    Thats really clever clap.gif

So lemme get this right you would set the shot up with the light on,
    trigger off the shutter and turn on your torch pointing only at the flower and vase??? .... you got an excellent result clap.gif ... Well Done!

..Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    Thanks Skippy, You are right in how it was done. A friend has been doing this for a while with great results so I just had to try it. It is nice that you can completly control the background and the lighting with such a simple process.
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    It´s a nice idéa and a good looking photo. But feels kinda booring imo. Dosn´t hold my attention.

Flowers isnt in my bag when it comes to photo. But the idéa was great :D