Options

How to use email in DGRIN

HaraldEHaraldE Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
edited March 1, 2008 in Dgrin Forum Support
Morning,

I wanted to get an opinion from a moderator in DGRIN. So 2 weeks ago did I use the internal "Send a message via email to ivar" function of DGRIN. I believe Ivar is moderator of "SmugMug Support". A week ago did I send a follow-up mail to Ivar, asking if he had got the first mail. Since I have no idea how the mail option in DGRIN works I am a bit uncertain if I have done this right or wrong.
  • Does anyone know if Ivar is away, maybe on vacation?
  • I can not find my own two memos. Are they stored somewhere?
  • Is this email function described anywhere?
I am HaraldE in SmugMug and DGRIN

Regards, Harald
==================
My focus is on digitizing memories

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    HaraldE wrote:
    Morning,

I wanted to get an opinion from a moderator in DGRIN. So 2 weeks ago did I use the internal "Send a message via email to ivar" function of DGRIN. I believe Ivar is moderator of "SmugMug Support". A week ago did I send a follow-up mail to Ivar, asking if he had got the first mail. Since I have no idea how the mail option in DGRIN works I am a bit uncertain if I have done this right or wrong.
    • Does anyone know if Ivar is away, maybe on vacation?
    • I can not find my own two memos. Are they stored somewhere?
    • Is this email function described anywhere?
    I am HaraldE in SmugMug and DGRIN

Regards, Harald
    I'm here, although I've been away a lot. I have not received your emails, I'm sorry. I am indeed one of the moderators of the Support forum thumb.gif

You can always ask your questions in public, here on the forum, if you don't want them to be public, please PM me. I don't know what happened to the emails. Normally, it should work.

The emails you send are not stored anywhere as far as I know. The PMs that you send are stored, normally.
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2008
    Thanks Ivar ... good to hear you are all ok (;=))

When I didn't get a reply did I try the same email function on myself. And this mail arrived all ok in my private mail-box. So there seems to be a broken pipe when I try to send on to you.

Anyway ... I will try the PM tool tonight (when I have more time). And when I have done so I will add a small update here ... just in case.

Regards, Harald
    ==================
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2008
    Hello Ivar .... PM just sent .... Harald
    ==================
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2008
    HaraldE wrote:
    Hello Ivar .... PM just sent .... Harald
    Received :D will reply in a minute thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2008
    Reply was sent a bit of time ago. Let me know if you have any more questions thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2008
    Message received
    Thanks Ivar,

Message received and I will follow your advice in the week to come. Thanks for help.

I will leave it to you to decide if it is worth while investigating why my memos to you never arrived.My guess is there is a bug in DGrin somewhere.

Regards, Harald
    ==================
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2008
    Thanks again Ivar,

Advice now followed and it works (;=)). You find the thread over on The Big Picture (http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=86160)

Some locations are already identified ... still many photos where help is needed.

Absolutely great, Harald
    ==================