HELP! I'm a SmugMug Virgin

JaRPJaRP Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited February 18, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I am using the trial version of SmugMug & as I play around & try to do set up the site I realize I'm in way over my head! I've been using just an on-line album - Phanfare & I can handle that. My vision is to have a site that has a few pics fade in & out when it loads & then have tabs for info, a portfolio of my work (with subcatagories for Weddings, Seniors, Families, etc), prices, clients (with galleries for each of my clients photos), etc. At this point I'm stuck with the basic set up of SmugMug which doesn't look all that great. I know it can be done because I've seen other albums with that look. I don't do a tremendous amount of work - I'm not a full time photographer but I do want something that looks nice.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    JaRP wrote:
    I am using the trial version of SmugMug & as I play around & try to do set up the site I realize I'm in way over my head! I've been using just an on-line album - Phanfare & I can handle that. My vision is to have a site that has a few pics fade in & out when it loads & then have tabs for info, a portfolio of my work (with subcatagories for Weddings, Seniors, Families, etc), prices, clients (with galleries for each of my clients photos), etc. At this point I'm stuck with the basic set up of SmugMug which doesn't look all that great. I know it can be done because I've seen other albums with that look. I don't do a tremendous amount of work - I'm not a full time photographer but I do want something that looks nice.
    Hello and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif

First things first: Don't panic! Okay, now that we've got that out of the way :D we can continue.

A lot of people have their SmugMug accounts set up according to this tutorial: http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/2160039

Have a look at Andy's site for instance: www.moonriverphotography.com

The important thing, is to take things one step at a time. First, get the basics set up (per the tutorial above) and then worry about the rest. The colors, artwork if needed, etc. will all come later.

I hope this helps. Give it a try, and let us know if you have any questions thumb.gif

-Ivar
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    Also, when you need any specific help, please let us know what your site is thumb.gif