When...

indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited February 20, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Do we get to talk about our favorites for the LPS Grand Finale!? I'm fairly bursting to share my top three but I'm thinking a thread like that will be bad juju in some way.

I will say that I sure hope we can purchase some of these prints, because I'm fairly in love :lust with a few. Incredible work, gang!

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    Me too waiting for what Judges would have selected. Will they post anything like that after it ends ?

Any way just amazing enteries
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    Me too waiting for what Judges would have selected. Will they post anything like that after it ends ?

Any way just amazing enteries

WE'RE the judges, Awais!

A feedback round might not be such a bad idea...
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    Hey indiegirl,
    Took a cue from your thread and decided to write out individual critiques for the LPS entrants now before the top-10 are decided. I'm going to keep it saved on my desktop and cut-and-paste when the all-clear is sounded.
    Figured that the LPS finalists deserve as many critiques from their panel of judges as possible.
    E
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    No no not those judges but judges who use to judge photos
    Just want to see what they would have selected and what general public will select in end :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    No no not those judges but judges who use to judge photos
    Just want to see what they would have selected and what general public will select in end :D
    You mean, every person who ever got to judge any of the QRs?headscratch.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    When it's all done, I'd really love to see a behind the scenes as well as what the thought processes were from all the finalists! I would find it helpful and interesting to see where others came from. I know we usually talk about behind the scenes, but that doesn't always include why the photographer chose what they did or how they came up with their ideas....

I can't wait to get feedback from others! :D (and I may venture actually giving feedback if I can find enough time. I agree, everyone deserves it for all the beautiful work done!)
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    When it's all done, I'd really love to see a behind the scenes as well as what the thought processes were from all the finalists! I would find it helpful and interesting to see where others came from. I know we usually talk about behind the scenes, but that doesn't always include why the photographer chose what they did or how they came up with their ideas....

I have been intending to post a behind the scenes for my shot at some point. I'll give you a couple tid bits here: I first intended to shoot School Outing for SF#3 and failed to pull it off due to a combination of the weather and various logistical problems. In a way that was fortunate because I had done all the prep work in advance and could put it together right on the heels of a difficult SF#4 entry.

The other tidbit comes from a "talking to" I received from a GGNRA park ranger. Apparently it is OK to take a camera into a national park and it is OK to take a fish bowl into a national park (albeit, likely less common), but taking both a camera and a fish bowl into a National Park requires a permit. Go figure.
  • MarkToddMarkTodd Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    LiquidAir wrote:
    ...but taking both a camera and a fish bowl into a National Park requires a permit. Go figure.

lol...I'd like to see the reaction should you request a fish bowl/camera permit!
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    MarkTodd wrote:
    lol...I'd like to see the reaction should you request a fish bowl/camera permit!

He was kind enough to give me the phone number to call. I should try it out and see what kind of reaction I get.

On a side note, if you go to a popular tourist destination like that one and look like you know what you are doing with a camera, expect everyone in a quarter mile radius to ask you to snap their picture.
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    Good convo and I'm glad the BTS was posted. It doesn't feel quite right for me to start a feedback thread--perhaps after the last bell tolls! Can't wait to read about how these amazing shots were created.

Jesse
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    LiquidAir wrote:
    I have been intending to post a behind the scenes for my shot at some point. I'll give you a couple tid bits here: I first intended to shoot School Outing for SF#3 and failed to pull it off due to a combination of the weather and various logistical problems. In a way that was fortunate because I had done all the prep work in advance and could put it together right on the heels of a difficult SF#4 entry.

The other tidbit comes from a "talking to" I received from a GGNRA park ranger. Apparently it is OK to take a camera into a national park and it is OK to take a fish bowl into a national park (albeit, likely less common), but taking both a camera and a fish bowl into a National Park requires a permit. Go figure.

OMG! That is HILARIOUS!!! How odd...

I can't wait to see the behind the scenes for your photo. I cracked up when I saw it and loved the idea and the excution! Very cool!

I'll have to post later. Mine was nowhere near as complicated to stage, but had a pretty huge background story.....
  • pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    LiquidAir wrote:
    He was kind enough to give me the phone number to call. I should try it out and see what kind of reaction I get.

On a side note, if you go to a popular tourist destination like that one and look like you know what you are doing with a camera, expect everyone in a quarter mile radius to ask you to snap their picture.

So the trick is to start by pointing the camera at yourself and taking a few pictures the worng way round, look at you screen and scratch your head. Once everyone walks away in fits of laughter, you then turn the camera around and freely shoot :D
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course