Top of the c
IMG_2277.jpg

The c
IMG_2279.jpg

The c & a
IMG_2282.jpg

This is what it was
IMG_2290.jpg

I was amazed at how close it can focus, you crnt even see that detail with your eye not to mention the depth of field being amazing!
C&C welcome!

Comments

• GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2008
    Wow! That is close eh! Good result thumb.gif
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    Shows the sort of magnifications you can get with a reversed lens- what lens and was it reversed directly onto the camera body ?
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    will-jum wrote:
    Reverse lens with my 400d...

Top of the c
    The c
    The c & a
    This is what it was

I was amazed at how close it can focus, you crnt even see that detail with your eye not to mention the depth of field being amazing!
    C&C welcome!

Hi Will, fun to experiment with the reversed lens,
    I found it too difficult to focus when I tried.
    Great way to lean Will, experiment and see what works for you clap.gif
    .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • will-jumwill-jum Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    Shows the sort of magnifications you can get with a reversed lens- what lens and was it reversed directly onto the camera body ?
    Brian V.

Was the standard 18-55mm lens that came with the camera. Yeh, i just turned it round and held it against the camera!
  • starky987starky987 Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    I just received a reverse mount for my lens today in the mail and have been trying to take pictures all day. I am having a difficult time with the flash and getting the proper lighting. I've got a wire for my flash so i can move it around but still not having the best of luck. Any advice would be much appreciated.
  • Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2008
    I was surprised when I first tried reverse macro photography. If only there was a way to control the aperture besides a live disconnect of the lens.
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com
    edited February 20, 2008
    Slinky0390 wrote:
    I was surprised when I first tried reverse macro photography. If only there was a way to control the aperture besides a live disconnect of the lens.

Yeh, would be awsome.
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    Slinky0390 wrote:
    You'd need to get an old manual lens for that- can be found on ebay quite cheaply. Having said that I have not heard of anyone doing any damage to lenses doing a live disconnect with the DOF preview button depressed. Apparently astrophotgraphers do it all the time.
    Brian V.
  • Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    You'd need to get an old manual lens for that- can be found on ebay quite cheaply. Having said that I have not heard of anyone doing any damage to lenses doing a live disconnect with the DOF preview button depressed. Apparently astrophotgraphers do it all the time.
    Brian V.
    I know that the risk is minimal since there is such low voltage, but the minute "I" try it, my lens will melt off :D (over-dramatic). I think my dad might have an old Nikon lens for his old film slr which should be in awesome condition, and since its not being mounted, it'll do just fine.
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com
  • RobinivichRobinivich Registered Users Posts: 438 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    will-jum wrote:
    Yeh, would be awsome.
    Just what the doctor ordered, of course, you'll need to see the doctor again once you see the price...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/197010-REG/Novoflex_EOSRETRO_Reverse_Lens_Adapter_for.html

Not sure if it's available for mounts other than canon.
    edited February 22, 2008
    Robinivich wrote:
    Just what the doctor ordered, of course, you'll need to see the doctor again once you see the price...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/197010-REG/Novoflex_EOSRETRO_Reverse_Lens_Adapter_for.html

Not sure if it's available for mounts other than canon.

:O, all photography equitment is so expensive =(, i think ill just stick to a bit of tape!