A few quick Shots....suggestions needed.

TallyHoTallyHo Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited February 20, 2008 in Landscapes
Finally managed to get out and take a few quick shots. Dont think I quite nailed the composition though. Any suggestions....

256305359_UJoqT-L-1.jpg

256305340_8KJUp-L-1.jpg

Thanks

Comments

• philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    TallyHo wrote:
    Finally managed to get out and take a few quick shots. Dont think I quite nailed the composition though. Any suggestions....

Thanks

I like the first one I would suggest using the quick and beautiful method described by Marc Muench. The other suggestion would be a Muench star on the sun (which is an in camera technique). You do it by partially obscuring the sun (which you did) and then cranking up the aperture to like f22 (which causes problems but in some circumstances the artistic star affect is more important than the softening of image).
    -Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka
  • TallyHoTallyHo Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    Thanks for the suggestions, ill read up on it.

Heres a different shot which shows more detail in the bridge but with less sun. Which would you prefer ?

256738424_dv2m4-L.jpg

Thanks
  • InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    First itteration of first photo
    Dark, futuristic, sci fi - I like it.
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    I think I like the second one with the person on the bridge better, adds a sense of scale.
    Maybe croppig slightly tighter may make the shot have more impact.
  • TallyHoTallyHo Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback, Ive cropped both versions slightly.

cropped number #1
    256897236_H5gGJ-L.jpg

Alternate #1
    256897241_N9chx-L-1.jpg

Thanks.
  • BPerronBPerron Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    The second shot of the bridge I think is better, the sun is not so overly exposed, and makes it easy to look at, the first one is so brigh it is kind of hard to look at. The fog is very cool with the bridge.
    Brandon Perron Photography
    www.brandonperron.com
  • InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    Still the first one for me
    Still the first one for me I'm afraid. In the first photo, the structure could be anything anywhere (though obviously, I did guess it was a bridge). In the subsequent iterations...... It's *just* a bridge and the lone figure in the picture confirms that. Oddly, I like a bit of life in my photos but the complete lack of life in the first iteration does that little something for me (edited to add: and that sun could simply be going nova). Perhaps I'm going slightly mad...