Options

challenge 35, comments?

jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
edited March 29, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges

Comments

• Options
    thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2005
    I chuckled when I saw this picture. I thought it was so cool. I don't know if it shows greed though. I don't know a lot about American money but maybe you can get a bill that you can capture more green in. But if you are able to capture the color green, you know green and greed, I think that would add a punch to your picture. Don't you love the smell of Captialism in the morning?... great subject!
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2005
    I really like the photo. Good idea. clap.gif

Email
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2005
    Flyinggina wrote:
    I really like the photo. Good idea. clap.gif
    thanks for the commentsthumb.gif

for some reason the eye screams greed to me. its the look i get in the camera storemwink.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2005
    thanks for the commentsthumb.gif

for some reason the eye screams greed to me. its the look i get in the camera storemwink.gif
    The eye looks like Lust to me..........which fits me in the camera store and others too, I imagine.

good idea. I am stumped...........nothing.

ginger (just sitting here thinking of an Osprey)

My worst sin is that I covet, boy do I covet! No idea how to show that.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 23, 2005
    That is a cool photo. I'm having a hard time deciding if you desaturated it or not... headscratch.gif

Also, agree with Ginger, not sure if "greed" pops to mind when I see it. this is gonna be another tough challenge.
    umph.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited March 23, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    That is a cool photo. I'm having a hard time deciding if you desaturated it or not... headscratch.gif

Also, agree with Ginger, not sure if "greed" pops to mind when I see it. this is gonna be another tough challenge.
    umph.gif
    Again thanks for the comments.

Erik: no desat done...just an old dollar. maybe i should bump up the greenage?

i guess i was thinking greed over lust because with money you almost always need/want more or at least thats what the eye looked like to me. and then i thought about the camera store analogy...always wanting more.

dunno... tough challenge.
  • Options
    melmel Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2005
    Great idea! Also agree the eye immediately makes me think, "Greed". Here's a thought... use a $100 bill to make the shot a little more greedy?
    Nice work!
    mel :):
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2005
    I posted my idea under "my thread". No photo as I am housebound without a car, but I did want to post that I am going to use lenses as my theme. Something about as big a lens as I can find in this small town, and maybe a wide angle, maybe lots of lenses. Have to get out to do it. And it may be Monday.

I thought it up as I was almost asleep last night. Then and in the shower are good times for inspiration, don't you all think?

ginger
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I posted my idea under "my thread". No photo as I am housebound without a car, but I did want to post that I am going to use lenses as my theme. Something about as big a lens as I can find in this small town, and maybe a wide angle, maybe lots of lenses. Have to get out to do it. And it may be Monday.

I thought it up as I was almost asleep last night. Then and in the shower are good times for inspiration, don't you all think?

ginger
    great idea! what does it look like when you shoot through a lens not attached to yur camera?
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2005
    Funny, a money shot (pun lightly intended) was the first thing that popped into my mind when I read the challenge. Nice execution, though! I was thinking about a stack of bills, wish I had some to use! :):

Chris
    Chris
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2005
    95Mcaj wrote:
    Funny, a money shot (pun lightly intended) was the first thing that popped into my mind when I read the challenge. Nice execution, though! I was thinking about a stack of bills, wish I had some to use! :):

Chris
    the pun is underrated and underusedicon10.gif

i wish i had a stack to use as well. had to settle for a lowly $1. i need to look at all the bills and see who has the best looking eye. i may try again with hammilton or jackson...but that may be as high as i am able to go. grant and benjamin may be out of my league todaybncry.gif
  • Options
    DawnLandDawnLand Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited March 27, 2005
    greed

Actually I think it's well thought out and clever! The angle on the eye is done in a way that he looks "sly" and almost taunting! Coming from money, it's a great piece! Dawnthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2005
    DawnLand wrote:
    greed

Actually I think it's well thought out and clever! The angle on the eye is done in a way that he looks "sly" and almost taunting! Coming from money, it's a great piece! Dawnthumb.gif
    thanks dawn.

i'm still trying to think up mores ways to give it a bit more *pop*

...this challenge is a toughy. the thing with making an image to protray the 7 deadly sins is the image has to be powerful and provke some sort of visceral rxn.

i guess i feel like not everyone should (or can) like the photo, but almost everyone should *get it*. i'm not sure this does that even thoguh it works for me...

i was considering setting the bill on fire (its already in half after the black lab got finished with it)...but i am sure that would offend someone (and something about destruction of federal property)headscratch.gif

jeff
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2005
    I was thinking of using the American flag for the sin of pride. A whole lot of people probably wouldn't like that.

anon
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I was thinking of using the American flag for the sin of pride. A whole lot of people probably wouldn't like that.

anon
    ginger,

too bad we couldnt get a pic of them getting really PO'd...then we would at least have a pic for *anger*rolleyes1.gif

j