Don't Pick Your Sister's Nose!

ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
edited February 21, 2008 in People
Last Friday I had a session with a brother and sister, ages 3 and 5 respectively. The boy was quite active and getting good shots became a bit of a challenge.

C&C welcome, and sought. Please and Thanx

Then, there were unexpected moments like these:
256714973_HGU7B-M-1.jpg

He decided that bouncing on his sister was fun:
256715302_wvYig-M-2.jpg

I thought there was something rather sweet about his expression in this one. BTW, my flower was toast at the end of this sitting.
256715786_zQAXR-M-2.jpg

Big sister was a doll.
256715618_YvP6t-M-1.jpg

Trying to get them both cooperating at the same time was quite a challenge. This one is close, but no cigar (mom still likes it tho)
256716053_Tvwzt-M-1.jpg

One more of brother and sister together (one of my favorites)
256715513_SFHX5-M-2.jpg
Heather
www.heatherdunnphotography.com
My Blog My Facebook Page
GIVING BACK - How will you give?
"I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    As an outtake, #1 is just too cute!

I really like #3 and #4, but 4 has got to be my favorite of the series.

Really nice series!
  • PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008

Really nice series!
    15524779-Ti.gif#4 is just fantasticthumb.gif
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    Yup.....#4 is a winner for sure.
    There are specks of something in #4 lying to the left and right of her? Id get rid of those, but it is super cute.

thumb.gif
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    Another vote for #4 thumb.gif . I like # 5 as well - I just wish the highlights were toned down a little. I can see where the boy was a challenge. you can almost feel his energy through the photos.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    Beautiful! clap.gif
  • CassisPCassisP Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    what cute kids.

I like 3 and 4... I am sure they had fun posing for you. thumb.gif
  • ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    Thank You

Really nice series!

Thank you. He was quite the handful. I have found that I always show some of the outtakes to parents. His mom loved that shot. If a shot is technically ok, and the only "concern" is that the facial expression etc. doesn't seem "portrait" enough, I never pull it before showing the client. I have had way too many parents see those and decide that those are the shots that have captured their child's personality the best.

After he finished putting his finger up his sister's nose, he decided to put it up his own...rolleyes1.gif
    254783980_ZGF7j-S.jpg
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Yup.....#4 is a winner for sure.
    There are specks of something in #4 lying to the left and right of her? Id get rid of those, but it is super cute.

thumb.gif

Thank you. I have seen the specks and plan on editing them out. I had my muslin totally free of specks before the little ball of energy ran all over my studio. He tracked so much stuff on to the muslin it wasn't funny. But, I had such a hard time getting him in the right spot at the right time, that I wasn't about to take time to get out the lint brush again.
    Travis wrote:
    Another vote for #4 thumb.gif . I like # 5 as well - I just wish the highlights were toned down a little. I can see where the boy was a challenge. you can almost feel his energy through the photos.

Thank you. As for the highlights on #5...again, with someone that will not hold still....big sister had instructions to get right next to him as soon as we could get him in one spot. Unfortunately with moving everywhere, that included closer to the softbox. The color version isn't quite as hot, and I need to see about re doing the conversion. Here's the color one:

254774602_Gh3gq-M.jpg
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Beautiful! clap.gif

Thank you so much. I love working with children. I have another sitting in 2 hours with two different little ones. The two featured in this series is coming back in two weeks for Easter photos.
    CassisP wrote:
    what cute kids.

I like 3 and 4... I am sure they had fun posing for you. thumb.gif

Big sister did pretty good at posing....little brother just had fun running everywhere. His mom said he has a sensory perception disorder, so the flashing lights, new location...it was all just a bit much for him. So...he was quite hyper. But still cute. I've found that having a background in early childhood education has helped quite a bit when I have little ones in the studio.
    Heather
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    I really, really like the color version of #5!
  • dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    Travis wrote:
    I really, really like the color version of #5!

I have to agree, #5 looks much better in color. #3 & #4 are very good pictures and #1 is just too funny:D
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
  • mmtorunommtoruno Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    Super cute!thumb.gif

Your watermark its a bit distracting though.
  • ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    mmtoruno wrote:
    Super cute!thumb.gif

Your watermark its a bit distracting though.

Thank you. (These are taken straight out of my client's gallery, hence the watermark.)
    Heather
    My Blog My Facebook Page