Options

Godaddy Domain

Shan_50Shan_50 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited February 20, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am currently trying to change my wbsite over to a domain i have through godaddy. I have followed the step by step instructions on the smug website and i cannot get the website to show at my full domain (www.crpphotos.com) but it will show up at my a-name record at just crpphotos.com. I was just checking to see if there is any certain area i should be checkin over that could be the problem.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 20, 2008
    Hi Shan,

I took a look at a NSLookup of your domain. It indicates that you have your domain CNAMEd to your own domain. Ie: www.crpphotos.com. 3468 IN CNAME www.crpphotos.com. That will not work as it creates a circle reference.

In a nutshell, to set up the CNAME correctly you need the following: Point a www CNAME record to www.smugmug.com and an @ A record to 63.81.134.23
    Do not put in the nickname.smugmug.com address no matter how tempting that may be. Do not use forwarding or redirects either.

You may find that you will need to edit or delete any existing www or @ records if there are any for your site. It will take 24-48 hours for the changes to propagate around the internet. Once the domain resolves correctly, you can go to your SmugMug control panel and enter the custom domain on the settings tab.

If you have problems, please contact me on the help desk and I will work with you set things up.

--Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com