Options

D1h shoot at National Museum of the USAF

nightowlcatnightowlcat Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited February 24, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I took a trip to the National Museum of the US Air Foce this weekend, took the D1h, N90s, SB-28dx, 20mm 2.8, 50mm 1.8, and the 18-70 :) These are all from the D1h, I haven't gotten around to developing the film yet.

USAF-museum-21.jpg

USAF-museum-20.jpg

USAF-museum-24.jpg

USAF-museum-26.jpg

SR-71 "Blackbird"

USAF-museum-28.jpg

U-2

USAF-museum-08.jpg

SR-71 "Blackbird" with B-1 in background

USAF-museum-12.jpg

Soviet MiG-29A

USAF-museum-36.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    What's a mig doing there?
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2008
    They have a couple there :)
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    I took a trip to the National Museum of the US Air Foce this weekend, took the D1h, N90s, SB-28dx, 20mm 2.8, 50mm 1.8, and the 18-70 :) These are all from the D1h, I haven't gotten around to developing the film yet.

SR-71 "Blackbird"
    U-2
    SR-71 "Blackbird" with B-1 in background
    Soviet MiG-29A

Images #1 + #5 + #7 are my picks.
    I love Museums, you can really get carried away with trying to imaging the things you see in a museum in an actual real live situation.

Planes are always interesting, some you wonder how on earth they ever got up off the ground or stayed in the air for that matter :D

Great place to learn about History.

Really Good Series Nightowlcat clap.gif thanks for sharing .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2008
    Thanks Skippy, this was the best outing I'd had there, was tickled pink when I got home and saw the results.
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    Very nice shots, nightowlcat! I was there in November for the first time in 20 years, and was amazed at how much it had grown. I still haven't gone through all my shots from that trip. I spent 4 days there, and could have spent several more! I was also pleasantly surprised to see how accomdating they are to photographers.
  • Options
    david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    Nice series and the dog story.
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2008
    moose135 wrote:
    Very nice shots, nightowlcat! I was there in November for the first time in 20 years, and was amazed at how much it had grown. I still haven't gone through all my shots from that trip. I spent 4 days there, and could have spent several more! I was also pleasantly surprised to see how accomdating they are to photographers.

Thanks, I plan on attempting to make it to the two areas I've not seen yet, the presidential and R&D galleries. Hopefully the valkyrie is a little easier to shoot now. (must get film developed.. )
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    Thanks, I plan on attempting to make it to the two areas I've not seen yet, the presidential and R&D galleries. Hopefully the valkyrie is a little easier to shoot now. (must get film developed.. )
    I toured both those hangars (it's actually one trip, the galleries are connected). Unfortunately, both are rather full, and don't lend themselves to shooting, especially the larger aircraft. I haven't gotten through all those photos yet, but here's a quick look at the Valkyrie. I think they said the plan is to increase the space for these galleries when they expand the museun over the next couple of years.

257828580_G9WCG-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2008
    Thanks Moose, I'm going through my shots that I took today, and yup, those two hangers are jammed packed with planes, the Valkyrie just barely makes it in there to let the doors close. Hopefully the new additions also have a balcony to shoot the top of that bird.

One thing though, if you are claustrophobic, don't go into the presidential planes, there's only 17 inches to walk through with glass on both sides, even for me it was a tight fit with the bag at my side, I had to walk sideways through there!

Now that I know where it is on base, it'll be easier for me to go back and try different things. I used my 20mm AF-D for all but two or three shots today.