The Rolling Exhibition

DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
edited February 21, 2008 in People

Comments

• 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    The legless photo is engaging, but I was confused as to whether it was a camera angle creation, or a man truly missing legs. Reading the Artist Statement, still left me confused. But my main comment about the web design would be that that one photo should not be appearing in every single background you visit on the site. It got to be distracting, imo to see it haunting in the background seemingly everywhere I went. Maybe next time I'll try harder to notice the other photos...

edit --> okay, in the Bio it explains more
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    I wish I could have viewed the shots before reading the story. I really like a lot of the shots, but found it difficult to give my full attention to just the shot without picturing the artist in my mind being stared at. I guess that is part of the whole experience! Interesting story David, thanks for sharing.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    Maybe I should have explained more?

For anyone else: a 20something year old man, college student, majoring in photography and film, born without legs, he gets around on a skateboard. While traveling alone in europe, he snapped a picture of people staring at him, and was taken by the image. He is doing a series on the looks he gets, a legless man on a skateboard.

I heard this guy on The Bryant Park Project (NPR), and he is really amazing. Completely un-sorry for himself. He totally gets why people stare, and knows that he would stare, as well. We all stare at things that are out of the norm.

What I love about this is something that we could all take away from it, IMO. That we can all provide a unique perspective on the world from where we stand, from our own little warped part of the universe, our own personal heaven or hell or whatever in between.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops