Canvas prints

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited February 20, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have a shoot scheduled Monday for a client who is asking about a large canvas print. Large enough to jang over her fireplace. It will be a portrait of her three children.

I have never ordered a canvas print or any print that large. My question is.....

Is there anything special I need to do in preparing the file? I use a Canon XTi that is a 10 megapixel camera. Is that enough info to print something that large on canvas? Or what is the max size I can offer her?

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I have a shoot scheduled Monday for a client who is asking about a large canvas print. Large enough to jang over her fireplace. It will be a portrait of her three children.

I have never ordered a canvas print or any print that large. My question is.....

Is there anything special I need to do in preparing the file? I use a Canon XTi that is a 10 megapixel camera. Is that enough info to print something that large on canvas? Or what is the max size I can offer her?
    Make sure to zoom out far enough because the print wraps around the frame
    sides. Be sure to review this.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 20, 2008
    Jeff,

I recently ordered a 24x36 mounted canvas print from a 20D, which has less mega-pixels than an XTi. The result was amazing.

Follow this tutorial and you shouldn't have a problem.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos