Spring is in the Air

ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
edited February 23, 2008 in People
Well, after the last session I shared...this morning was fairly mild. Everyone kept their fingers out of everyone else's noses. I wanted to share a few from today.

A good majority of my clients seem to be those with little ones. I wanted to put together a special set for spring/Easter. Here's the end result.

C&C please....and thank you.

256880123_woKNq-L-.jpg.

256877568_to8gK-L.jpg

3.256886096_fbBxC-L.jpg
Heather
www.heatherdunnphotography.com
My Blog My Facebook Page
GIVING BACK - How will you give?
"I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson

Comments

• mmtorunommtoruno Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    #3 The Best! Great job.
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    This is lovely. I like all of the additional props and colors, very festive looking. Little girl is too adorable. Nice work! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    Very creative. I'm sure that someone on here will say that it is too busy but I personally love the theme. I need your decorating budget and talent! The mushrooms were a nice touch.
  • ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    Travis wrote:
    I need your decorating budget and talent! The mushrooms were a nice touch.

Thank you to all that have commented so far.

As far as my decorating budget.....mushrooms K-Mart 19.99 for the large pair, don't remember the price on the small one. Little stump for her to sit on, 19.99 also from Kmart. I've had a bucket full of fake flowers in my garage for about 3 years from an auction I got pretty cheap. Grassy plant on the left is one that was given to me when I opened my studio. It normally sits out front, but it got put to use yesterday. Live green plant on the right was also given to me at my grand opening. It really didn't take much of a budget. The backdrop was a bit more pricey, but I plan on using the heck out of it.

I'm not normally one for using many props, etc. However, I'm also in the first few months of having a studio open. I know that Easter/Spring is a big time of year for people with small children to have pictures taken. I live in a small town, so if I want frequent return business....I've got to do something different now and then. Her mom loves them...she's the one paying, so I guess that's the most important opinion.

I ordered #3 fairly big on canvas for my studio window. I'm hoping it appeals to all the mommies of little ones that dance two doors down from me. The dance studio's owner will also allow me to put up some advertising in the studio.

I just need to think of a way to incorporate boys a bit better into this. Maybe frogs? Fewer flowers w/ more greenery?
    Heather
    www.heatherdunnphotography.com
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    GIVING BACK - How will you give?
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    Shudderz wrote:
    I just need to think of a way to incorporate boys a bit better into this. Maybe frogs? Fewer flowers w/ more greenery?

Lawn mowers and weedeaters! rolleyes1.gif
  • BriggieBriggie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    Very cute series!! I too like the props...gives it an Geddes feel... i'm no expert, but i feel i would like to see a hair light on her, or on the background, to give it more dimension?... maybe someone with studio experience might chime in on this!

Lovely work, though!! clap.gif
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

My Smug Gallery
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    Beautiful clap.gif
    Very cute baby
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2008
    I also love the third one. The props work great and look awesome. Hmm.... Kmart you say? I haven't been there in years, maybe I should go by :D

If I had to nitpick on something, I would say that the wrinkles in the fabric (moreso on #2 than the others) kinda bug me. Maybe if you could move it another foot back it would be smoother-looking? I dunno, and I'm definately no expert in studio photography. Just MHO.

Overall great concept and execution. I think in the last photo the wings just add that little something that makes it an excellent photo.
    ~ Lisa
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    Shudderz wrote:

Oh, thank you so much for considering us! We are too often so maligned by your camp! And we are so worth the effort to love!

We love beautiful things every bit as much as you! But especially we love things that WORK! You know, things that go up and down, in and out, left and right, open and shut. Things that DO stuff. And why, and the beauty of that! Yes, I am being purposely "Freudian" slippery!!

To find out more, look hard at what boys do in bunches, in a preschool for example.

But boys also are FAR softer - they commit many more sins, more breakable - scientific/medical fact, romantic - they are more often poor and homeless, and solitary - they NEVER have the uniquely whole attachment to another of a mother, and so, in a word, tragic!

For boys, the adventure, the traveling, the using and spending - the KNOWING - is the thing!

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    I got a total "Disney's Alice in Wonderland" vibe! LOVE the theme!!!!

that girl is a little doll too!

I really need to start looking around the different stores for props... oh wait, I need room for a studio first.... *sigh*

Anyway love the photos... I think you did a very nice job!
    "It's only an island if you look at it from the water."