2 very good friends of mine. ( studio )

ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
edited February 24, 2008 in People
So my firends ( on the photo ) had an assignment to do, taking photos with a film camera and develop and all that. Well i help them with the light setup and after they where done, i took the liberty to snap some myself :).

They wanted a friendly look of it. No supermodelshots without feeling. So i just let them move arround and well.. " be natural ". It was kinda hard to get the exposure right because the the lightmeeter was not working properly, and flashsync cords with bad connection etc.

Im not so good at shooting people in a studio but i kinda like this one, and i hope they will be pleased with the result.

I think they look like close firends? don´t they?.

257086769_2U99t-XL.jpg

Thanx for looking and plz give me a tip or to..So i can get better at this when its time again :D.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited February 21, 2008
    Arvan wrote:

I think they look like close firends? don´t they?.

They certainly do. I think they'll like it. thumb.gif

Regards,
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    They certainly do. I think they'll like it. thumb.gif

Regards,

Thanx for the words =)
    edited February 23, 2008
    316 wievs and 1 comment..That´s not a bad look/write ratio headscratch.gifscratch
    edited February 23, 2008
    Arvan wrote:
    316 wievs and 1 comment..That´s not a bad look/write ratio headscratch.gifscratch

I wouldn't worry about it, Arvan. The number of replies that any post gets varies enormously for purely random reasons. You are doing very well here, so just keep shooting and posting. thumb.gif

Cheers,
    edited February 23, 2008
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    I wouldn't worry about it, Arvan. The number of replies that any post gets varies enormously for purely random reasons. You are doing very well here, so just keep shooting and posting. thumb.gif

Cheers,

hehe yes i know that. But i need some pro help so i can improve on this :D since i know im not that great on studio things :)

I have an uppcomping studiosession and i need some tips.
    edited February 23, 2008
    Arvan wrote:
    hehe yes i know that. But i need some pro help so i can improve on this :D since i know im not that great on studio things :)

I have an uppcomping studiosession and i need some tips.

Well, one thing you might want to do is post something from the same session in the Whipping Post forum.

But be careful what you wish for :whip
    :D

Regards,
  • VisitalVisital Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    Well, I'm no pro.....the only thing that bugs me are the stray hairs. I usually do a clone stamp at 60% opacity to clean up the fray hairs. :D
  • JimWJimW Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    Well, Arvan, I’ll try to help with a comment.

<<< So i just let them move arround and well.. " be natural>>>

Except the pose doesn’t really look that natural. It looks posed and a little awkward. So perhaps you could start with creating a more natural pose.

Instead of just winging it, I have found that it helps to have a goal, an idea that you are trying to accomplish. When winging it, you either get lucky or you don’t. If you have a goal, you can succeed in degrees. Therefore progress is more likely to be repeatable.

Also, the black background and nearly black clothing leaves the impression of the flesh floating. If you can create some shadow detail in the clothes, and perhaps in the background too, this will stabilize the photo, making it easier to view, making it softer.

One way to do this is with the nature of the light, i.e. hard vs. soft. This light appears hard. So, my suggestion is to soften it, create some more tonal range.

Finally, I would tackle the big issues first, like hard light vs soft light, posing and composition. Stray hairs are small issues.

But this is just one man’s opinion. Hope it makes some sense and hope it helps. Good luck.

Jim

I don't want the cheese, I just want to get out of the trap.

http://www.jimwhitakerphotography.com/
    edited February 24, 2008
    That was good words. The biggest issue of the studio we got acces to is the black background wich is totaly ruined!..It´s not straight and smooth as you wan´t it to be..Its like grand canyon with big nasty bumps and shit.

The pose..Well i just let them run arround and do whatever they wanted to so..that´s probably why i wrote natural..Wich isn´t really the correct word here.

Will work on the light and get rid of that nasty black background and go for the white..

Thanx.