Poland winter + 4 x raven.

HaryHary Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited February 23, 2008 in Landscapes
This is the view from my window at home (well at least the real home - Poland) In summer it looks like a painting. I never bothered looking in the winter but this time when I went back for the winter holidays i noticed the snow, birds and trees and decided that its worth a shot. I made it black and white and added the flying ravens :)
Let me know what you think.
p.s. please forgive the ligh falloff it got more visible in PP.

256271015_HhtaV-XL.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    Hary great capture! The ravens with the wings outstretched look almost like cardboard cutouts and lend an otherworldly feel to the scene. I didn't know the white was snow - it could almost be summertime and shot in IR. Either way this shot is mysterious, simple and lyrical as a poem. thumb.gif
  • HaryHary Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Hary great capture! The ravens with the wings outstretched look almost like cardboard cutouts and lend an otherworldly feel to the scene. I didn't know the white was snow - it could almost be summertime and shot in IR. Either way this shot is mysterious, simple and lyrical as a poem. thumb.gif

Hi :)
    thanks a lot for your kind words. I wa worried that this picture was so bad that noone wanted to comment :)
    thank you!
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    Very spooky. I really like it, but there's something missing. I feel like it's just a bit shy of being great, but I can't put my finger on it. I think it might be the crop, but I have no better idea.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.