Album stats

Lesley BrayLesley Bray Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
edited February 28, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi
I am really curious about how I have Feb stats showing for an album that has been locked for at least 2 months.
Nobody has the password to view it and I haven't done any work on it in 2008.
Amsterdam Album

http://hippyfromoz.smugmug.com/homepage/stats.mg?AlbumID=3478573

How can this happen?
Regards Lesley

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    Hi
    I am really curious about how I have Feb stats showing for an album that has been locked for at least 2 months.
    Nobody has the password to view it and I haven't done any work on it in 2008.
    Amsterdam Album

http://hippyfromoz.smugmug.com/homepage/stats.mg?AlbumID=3478573

How can this happen?
    Regards Lesley
    Hi Lesley wave.gif

Hits can accumulate if you look at the album yourself (we recently changed this to not count hits for when you are logged in, but that was after the beginning of this month I believe). If you are logged out, but entering the 'view' password you will always get hits as well. If you order photos from that album, more hits. I see the hit count is extremely low (not more than 1/photo), this is most likely caused by one of the above, I think.
  • Lesley BrayLesley Bray Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    Thanks Ivar
    Thanks for the explanation Ivar
    I am sure I haven't even looked in there myself since Christmas - but maybe I did and forgot.
    Cheers Lesleyne_nau.gif
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2008
    IVAR,

stats are counted when i share a photo on dgrin, right? how can i turn this off?
    i dont want counted hits from dgin, just if someone is on my site...
    should i just make a gallery specific for dgrin sharing so the hits just get counted on that gallery?
    if i make a second copy of a photo and move it to that sharing gallery will it affect stats for both photos or just the one from where i linked too?

thanks
    Aaron Nelson
    edited February 26, 2008
    ok, i found that if i make a 2nd copy of a photo and move it to a new gallery it will not draw stats from dgrin, i just need to make sure whick one is the copy.
    unless there is a way to turn off stats coming from photos shared on dgrin
    i will need put them all in a gallery to themselves...
    the only problem is that is it messes up my total hit counter...i guess i can learn to subtract my dgrin gallery from the total...
    Aaron Nelson
    edited February 28, 2008
    is there anyway to block hit counts coming from dgrin on my smugmug stats?ear.gif
    Aaron Nelson