The Awakening

cb4photocb4photo Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
edited February 22, 2008 in Landscapes
Hello everyone
First time posting pics, a local statue in a Washington DC park is being removed. So I had to get a shot before they removed it. A very cold sunrise shot.
Thanks
Carl
www.cb4photo.com

Comments

• cb4photocb4photo Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    How do you guys post the nice big photos? Mines so small
    cb4photo wrote:
    Hello everyone
    First time posting pics, a local statue in a Washington DC park is being removed. So I had to get a shot before they removed it. A very cold sunrise shot.
    Thanks
    Carl
    www.cb4photo.com
  • JetJet Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    upload your photo at your chosen size to an image hosting site (if you dont have a smugmug account try photobucket or flickr) and from there you can embed your picture in your posts by copying over the link into the thread. Easy to follow guide by wxwaxhere
    great pic of a cool statuethumb.gif. tis a shame its being taken away...
    Jethro :D
    My Blog
    Jethro Kingston Photography
    Use this coupon code to get $5 off when joining smugmug: eO3NU7AM85scE
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    Yep, as Jethro said it's always better to embed the photo in your post rather than putting them as attachments. Attachments have limited size and can display funny due to compression.

The thread linked is great, but there's a straightforward tutorial on how to do it here. HTH! thumb.gif

I've lived in the area for 10 years now and never made a trip to shoot that statue. I'm kicking myself quite a bit now. rolleyes1.gif
  • FoocharFoochar Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    I've lived in the area for 10 years now and never made a trip to shoot that statue. I'm kicking myself quite a bit now. rolleyes1.gif

The statue is not going away, just going somewhere else, and still local to you schmoo. It's headed over to the new National Harbor development in Prince Georges county, news release about it here.
    --Travis
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    Foochar wrote:
    The statue is not going away, just going somewhere else, and still local to you schmoo. It's headed over to the new National Harbor development in Prince Georges county, news release about it here.

Excellent! Thank you. I don't get out enough anymore... :uhoh
  • jenweavernjjenweavernj Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    wow! great statue!
    Next time i'm in the area i will have to see this in person.
    you caught with a great evening sky.
    Jen Rinaldi

Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm | Minolta 35-105mm

The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer. ~Author Unknown