B+W Shoot {A very cold morning}

will-jumwill-jum Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
edited February 23, 2008 in Landscapes
Was on my way to college and saw a tree i liked and well the rest was history!

IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_2569copycopy.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

C&C Welcome!!

Comments

• CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    I like this shot:

IMG_2584.jpg

Though I probably would have gotten underneath it and shot at a different angle because I don't like the other tree encroaching in the upper right corner. There's no way to crop it out cleanly though with the angle you shot from.

With the others I have a tough time figuring out what the subject is. It's an interesting tree but you haven't really pushed through what should grab me. #2 really needs more DOF or something... to me it just looks out of focus. Also the contrast is a bit high on them... there's light or dark but sometimes B&W photography is about nice midtones.

Still... a promising subject... a good one to practice with!
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    I really like the first two. Having the tree frame the left side and then the gnarled branches lead into the fog is very moody and interesting.thumb.gif
  • will-jumwill-jum Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    CatOne wrote:
    I like this shot:

IMG_2584.jpg

Though I probably would have gotten underneath it and shot at a different angle because I don't like the other tree encroaching in the upper right corner. There's no way to crop it out cleanly though with the angle you shot from.

With the others I have a tough time figuring out what the subject is. It's an interesting tree but you haven't really pushed through what should grab me. #2 really needs more DOF or something... to me it just looks out of focus. Also the contrast is a bit high on them... there's light or dark but sometimes B&W photography is about nice midtones.

Still... a promising subject... a good one to practice with!

I agree with you on #3, i only took one shot like that, but didnt think about the tree on the right =(!
    Thanks for the c&c!
  • will-jumwill-jum Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    Khaos wrote:
    I really like the first two. Having the tree frame the left side and then the gnarled branches lead into the fog is very moody and interesting.thumb.gif

Thanks, i wanted to create that 'leading into something' feeling!