Bloody weather

pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
edited February 25, 2008 in Landscapes
It's late February. It's supposed to be deep winter. This is what it looked like a couple of nights ago...

257653527_gEa9R-L.jpg

Yeah, that's a typical fall storm.

So far this winter:
We've had late fall 'shrooms in January.
Longest snow cover has lasted less than a week.
It's still +2 C constantly and mostly cloudy (late fall weather).
The first pollen reports have been given last week.
Lady bugs and early spring flowers have been sighted already.

And if this keeps up much longer, I'm gonna need medication. Given up hope for a proper winter so here's hopin' spring happens and fast.

OK, done ranting now :D
Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    I hear you on it being a little too warm for comfort. No shrooms here but I haven't really broken out the real winter gear anytime at home yet... :uhoh

I love the shot. Probably goes with what you're saying, but it makes me feel warm, peaceful and cozy, like an early spring rainfall.
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    I hear you on it being a little too warm for comfort. No shrooms here but I haven't really broken out the real winter gear anytime at home yet... :uhoh

I haven't either. Still using my lightest jacket, but I have gone through wool layers though. A spot of night orienteering a couple of weeks ago (walking pace in a group through wooded rocky hilly sort of terrain), sparked an amused conversation about my summer jacket, jeans and riding mini-chaps.
    The amusement came from everyone else wearing gore-tex sport clothing, not winter layers...
    schmoo wrote:
    I love the shot. Probably goes with what you're saying, but it makes me feel warm, peaceful and cozy, like an early spring rainfall.

Thanks! If there is a difference in interpretation, I'd guess it comes from the sound of the wind missing. And which side of the window one wants be on lol3.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/