I just wanted to say Thank You!

TaDaTaDa Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
edited February 23, 2008 in Cameras
As a beginner in the hobby, all of the "language" and technique becomes a little overwhelming to pick up, but with all the tutorials and help from members here, I absolutely LOVE this hobby. Some members challenging me when I ask something is racked up as tough love, which only leads me to read and learn more. This place is awesome. So just wanted to say Thank You.
My Kit
Canon 5DII, Canon 7D
Canon Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 35 f/1.4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 85 f/1.2L II, Canon 500mm f/4 IS, Zeiss 21mm ZE
Speedlite 580ex II, Canon 430ex

Comments

• swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    I agree! I feel the same way. Even though I do this for a living, I have still learned a lot and progressed in my work because of the help I receive here.
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    I agree! I feel the same way. Even though I do this for a living, I have still learned a lot and progressed in my work because of the help I receive here.
    Ditto; I've been doing this seriously for about nine months, and at least 75% of what I know I think I have learned here. More importantly, my photography has improved hugely since I started, and while some of that is due to experience, most of it is because of mentoring that I have received right here.
  • dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2008
    KED wrote:
    Ditto; I've been doing this seriously for about nine months, and at least 75% of what I know I think I have learned here. More importantly, my photography has improved hugely since I started, and while some of that is due to experience, most of it is because of mentoring that I have received right here.

I am not sure how much my photography has improved (it still pretty much sucks) but my post processing and cropping have improved dramatically from tips gleaned from dgrin. The ideas presented in a variety of these forums is impressive due to the talent of the people presenting them. Most of all the helpfulness and positive tone (even when Andrew and Duffy get into it about the LAB colorspace) is just not found in other venues and I have tried many of them.

Thanks all.

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown