Options

Epson R1800 printing dark

dbrannendbrannen Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited February 24, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
Here's my dilemma. Images on screen do not match print output, way too dark.
Here are the details.
Printing in CS3 on a PC on an Epson R1800. NEC Multisync 20WMGX monitor. EyeOne2 calibrated. GeForce 7800 graphics card with 2 meg RAM. sRGB color space (although upon calling Epson we tried every adjustment we could think of in CS3 to correct the issue).
Some of the things I have tried,
As I said before, Epson exhausted their ideas and suggested I call Adobe. I printed in windows photoviewer and it came out much better (but still far from perfect. I also took an image to a local photo processor and printed one, again much better but not perfect.
The images look fine on my website when viewed on other monitors.

I am sure I have forgotten to mention some of the other things I have tried but I am now at my wits end. There is nobody in my area in Central Oregon who has ANY experience with this issue. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

David Brannen
www.dbphotopro.com

Comments

• Options
    dbrannendbrannen Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Update on printing problems
    Thought I would inform anyone that might be interested that I have solved my problem! I removed then re-installed Photoshop CS3 as a final attempt at a repair and it worked.
    If there is anyone out there that is having similar problems feel free to ask me as I have been through the mill with this and I have learned a ton about just such a problem.

David Brannen

www.dbphotopro.com