Need IP and port of server

Dramatapix®Dramatapix® Registered Users Posts: 430 Major grins
edited February 24, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I'm trying to implement an API script on my Wordpress Blog that will allow the use of a new WP-Smugmug API.

In order to use this plugin, the script requires the use of "fopen". My hosting server is requesting the following information:

-The IP and the port of the remote server that your script need to connect to

Is this something someone can help me with?

I need the IP address and the port for the server that hosts my Smugmug site I guess???

www.dramatapix.com

Brett
My Gear: D200, D80, 50 f/1.4, 28-75 f/2.8, 55-200 f/4-5.6, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, (4) White Lightning Ultra 1200's, SB600, (2) Lightspheres, 17" Macbook Pro, 24" Apple Imac, Thinkpad T42, Epson R-260, PSCS2, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, PS Elements 4

Comments

• Dramatapix®Dramatapix® Registered Users Posts: 430 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    I'm trying to implement an API script on my Wordpress Blog that will allow the use of a new WP-Smugmug API.

In order to use this plugin, the script requires the use of "fopen". My hosting server is requesting the following information:

I need the IP address and the port for the server that hosts my Smugmug site I guess???

www.dramatapix.com

Brett

bump
    My Gear: D200, D80, 50 f/1.4, 28-75 f/2.8, 55-200 f/4-5.6, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, (4) White Lightning Ultra 1200's, SB600, (2) Lightspheres, 17" Macbook Pro, 24" Apple Imac, Thinkpad T42, Epson R-260, PSCS2, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, PS Elements 4
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Our IP address is listed here:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts

2nd to last +/-

There is no port info that I have.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008

www.dramatapix.com

Brett

I don't really understand what you are doing at all. But, if what you are trying to do is to call Smugmug's APIs, then you would need the IP address of api.smugmug.com. You can see that yourself with the windows command line "ping api.smugmug.com". When I do that, it shows me: 63.81.134.23 which is the IP address of the server at api.smugmug.com.

The Smugmug API calls are all standard web calls so they work on port 80, the standard web port.

Now, none of this sounds like it matches up to what I know of an "fopen call" so if this isn't what you are need, then folks will need more information on what you are really trying to do.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Our IP address is listed here:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts

2nd to last +/-

There is no port info that I have.

off topic FYI, this is a perfect example of what I was suggesting you fix in your help pages. You can't easily send someone a link that has the proper section of the help page showing. Instead, you have to send them a link and tell them to expand a specific section so they can see the info you want. This could definitely be easier to use for both you and the viewer.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question