Options

Quicktime and Firefox

Miles DavisMiles Davis Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited February 28, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
Hi All,

I have just installed Vista 64 and I'm still in the process of tunning it to suit my needs.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.12 and have installed QT latest version downloaded from Apple website.

Something strange is going on that IE and Opera browsers are handling embedded movies properly but Firefox insists on asking me for installing QT plugin (about:plugin shows me all QT plugins) whenever I try to watch my movies in my smugmug gallery.

The most strange part of the problem is that when I watch the embedded trailers (small size) in Apple web site it seems that the plugin loads and works as I can see the whole trailer.

Could someone here give me some light in order to better understand what can be the cause for the problem? Why QT plugin load when watching movies at Apple website but here it does not?

Thanks for help.

William

Comments

• Options
    edited February 25, 2008
    Up :D
  • Options
    nmhnmh Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2008
    Hi All,

I have just installed Vista 64 and I'm still in the process of tunning it to suit my needs.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.12 and have installed QT latest version downloaded from Apple website.

Something strange is going on that IE and Opera browsers are handling embedded movies properly but Firefox insists on asking me for installing QT plugin (about:plugin shows me all QT plugins) whenever I try to watch my movies in my smugmug gallery.

The most strange part of the problem is that when I watch the embedded trailers (small size) in Apple web site it seems that the plugin loads and works as I can see the whole trailer.

Could someone here give me some light in order to better understand what can be the cause for the problem? Why QT plugin load when watching movies at Apple website but here it does not?

Do these tests work: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/troubleshooting/

I would expect them to. I think the problem is related to the fancy video getup that smugmug is using - since it works elsewhere. Are you using 32bit or 64bit versions of firefox and quicktime?
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2008
    nmh wrote:
    Do these tests work: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/troubleshooting/

I would expect them to. I think the problem is related to the fancy video getup that smugmug is using - since it works elsewhere. Are you using 32bit or 64bit versions of firefox and quicktime?

I had done the test before and I could see both logo and QT animation. Firefox and QT are for 32bits as Firefox 64 bits have some security issues and QT 64 bits is not available at the moment.