Trouble w/ theme in firefox

bemusedbemused Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited February 24, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have most of my galleries set up w/ SmugMug presentation (and stretchy). Today (even after clearing cache and restarting) Firefox presents the pics as
- thumbnails on left
- big empty space on right (where pic normally is)
- big pic down below everything and need to scroll to see it.

Works fine on IE7 (which I try to avoid). Worked fine on FF Thursday.

Ideas as to what went wrong?

ETA: more info...not in all my galleries. Seems predominant in my Family galleries such as this one

Comments

• Seth SSeth S Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    It appears certain browsers are not getting the most current version of the site. Even after clearing your cache once. What we have also found is that clearing it again typically corrects the problem. If that doesn't work please try this: hold down your shift key and at the same time click on your browser refresh icon. Hopefully you'll be good to go.
  • bemusedbemused Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited February 24, 2008
    No luck. Cleared cache/restarted browser a few more times along w/ the shift+reload and no luck. Confused as to why just one group of my galleries is suffering this fate and not all.

More info: I took the password off the gallery and it displayed correctly. When I put it back on, bad formatting reappears.
    Yup, that's it. Password. I applied it to a gallery that was behaving well, and it wonked out as well. Took it off, was fine again.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Any addons in your Firefox? What happens in IE?

Firefox has sure been acting wonky lately and your email tells me you have a sidebar open too. Is the photo dropping below the thumbs or just not there?
    edited February 24, 2008
    Hi,

I tried same steps I stated in email (below) in IE7 and that works. What confuses me is if FF issue, why does the problem only show up in pwd protected galleries and not the non-pwd ones?

Yes, the photo is dropping below the thumbs.

Addons I have are Sage, flashblock, web developer, adblock, dom inspector, talkback, update bookmark and open link in... (enough? :p ) I'll try disabling them all and trying again...back in a min

Part of email thread below for those interested:
    My BB post was originally titled "theme" but I meant "layout"...so SmugMug gradient is a theme and not a layout. The theme does not matter here. Layout does.

Again, ONLY my pwd protected galleries experience this (and all have the same layout set). Browser is full screen. Resizing doesn't make a difference until I resize it small enough such that it defaults to smugmug small rather than using Stretchy. Other layouts (smugmug small, journal, etc) do not have this issue. Other (non pwd protected galleries w/ otherwise exact same setup) do not have this issue. Screen is at 1680x1050 and always has been.

**MORE INFO**

Reproduced this on my husbands laptop (linux w/ FF). Steps to see work vs. non-work.
    1) Have no sidebar open in browser and load gallery. It is fine.
    2) Open sidebar (which I always have open) (History will do). Gallery layout is fine.
    3) Resize sidebar a smidge. Gallery is fine
    4) Reload/Refresh gallery page. It is now messed up.
    5) Other pwd protected galleries you now view (no need to mess w/ sidebar any longer) are also messed up.
    edited February 24, 2008
    Ok, disabled all my addons, cleared cached and restarted. Still have issue (my setup is on XP). Husbands's laptop only has the DOM Inspector and Beagle Indexing Tool addons (linux w/ same FF version - 2.0.0.12)
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    bemused wrote:

**MORE INFO**

Reproduced this on my husbands laptop (linux w/ FF). Steps to see work vs. non-work.
    1) Have no sidebar open in browser and load gallery. It is fine.
    2) Open sidebar (which I always have open) (History will do). Gallery layout is fine.
    3) Resize sidebar a smidge. Gallery is fine
    4) Reload/Refresh gallery page. It is now messed up.
    5) Other pwd protected galleries you now view (no need to mess w/ sidebar any longer) are also messed up.
    I was able to reproduce what you're seeing on firefox 3 for mac by following these steps. I replied to your helpdesk email and I'll be forwarding all the info to JT.

Thanks.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    We've reported to our Engineer, who feels that Firefox is not always consistent about reporting how much space it is using - and the the wrappage occurs - sometimes.

He will try to overcome this problem in Firefox, at some point.

This also does not affect all users of Firefox, so very odd.