Shooting from a motorcycle

BuilditBuildit Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited February 24, 2008 in Landscapes
I am a regular in the Advrider.com forum, Baldys other great creation, but due to interests in documenting some of the rides we do I've started visiting dgrin too. Good stuff in here but being a real amature I struggle to grasp what the big words mean.:lol3 But I have figured out my little Nikon Coolpix has an apature and some of the stuff it's caught is worth displaying for your opinions. Please feel free to offer criticism and suggestions on what I can do better. Thanks, Luke:photo
WinterWaterfall.jpg
Cedar Falls, OH
2-29-05butchandMaggie.jpg
The kids
JaTleavingdevilsTower.jpg
Devils Tower
Needlesroad2.jpg
Needles Eye formation, SD
Woodsrider3.jpg
Peace Pipe Enduro

Comments

• BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    So what are you shooting with from the motorcycle?
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • BuilditBuildit Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    So what are you shooting with from the motorcycle?

All of these were taken with a Nikon Coolpix L2. Nothing fancy. I'm trying to hone my skill at knowing what to look for in a good picture. Develope the artistic value of my shots.
    I'm also playing with video from the bikes and trying to find ways to dampen vibration and bounce.mwink.gif
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Buildit wrote:
    All of these were taken with a Nikon Coolpix L2. Nothing fancy. I'm trying to hone my skill at knowing what to look for in a good picture. Develope the artistic value of my shots.
    I'm also playing with video from the bikes and trying to find ways to dampen vibration and bounce.mwink.gif

best solution I have seen is a helmet mounted camera. The body acts as a nice damper.

I was using a Canon PowerShot S50 which I could work with the gloves on. I wore it out and now have a Canon PowerShot S950 which I can not work with the gloves on as well.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • BuilditBuildit Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    best solution I have seen is a helmet mounted camera. The body acts as a nice damper.
    I have a cheapo ACT2000 but have not been impressed. I guess you get what you pay for?
    I was using a Canon PowerShot S50 which I could work with the gloves on. I wore it out and now have a Canon PowerShot S950 which I can not work with the gloves on as well.
    I really like the Nikon and have been amazed it has lasted as long as it has. A lot of the time I'll mount it to the engine guard on the V-strom and use it as a video camera. So it has been pellted with rocks, smacked with bugs, and gotten muddy. Yet it keeps rocking.:ivar It was $160 I think so I feel like I've already gotten twice that value out of it. I recieved a Olympus stylus 790 for Christmas to use in it's place but was horrified at the poor quality of the shots and limited video it would shoot. It got returned and replaced with a palmcorder.