My nephew

jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
edited February 24, 2008 in People
These were some quick hits experimenting with different ways to bounce light. Something I didn't really notice until I put them together like this is some of them have a slightly off WB.

236006701_j9PdC-XL.jpg

236007799_kAMLh-XL.jpg

250245049_mDyJ8-XL.jpg

This was right after the above picture, but bounced sideways off the couch.

250246186_b4dQy-XL.jpg

250246739_474ex-XL.jpg

This was taken close range with the bounce coming back just about directly over his head with not much fill light.

252516159_YErNc-XL.jpg

252518769_m44GM-XL.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    The difference in WB can be attributed to a number of causes (or a combination of such), and I'm sure there are others.
    • Color of surface from which your light is bounced
    • The camera attempting to correct WB for you and guessing wrong (and differently each time)
    • Mixture of light - say from window and from flash or other light source. The mixture ratios may be changing from one shot to the next.
    Irrespective of the differences in WB, these are some very cute shots and most are quite sharp - well done!
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    The top two and bottom two were taken at my mom's and she has a white ceiling and white walls. The middle shots were taken at my brothers that has white ceilings with stained cross beams and yellow walls. The couch I think is a dark brown. For more formal shots, I imagine I would have to make a manual WB setting?
  • CarnalSighCarnalSigh Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Bravo
    Ya just can't beat candid shots of a bright eyed, slobbery faced baby. Well done.
    I use only Canon cameras and glass
    www.portraitwhisperer.com
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    CarnalSigh wrote:
    Ya just can't beat candid shots of a bright eyed, slobbery faced baby. Well done.

Thanks! I cleanued up the drool drop on his chin as it was distracting, but left everything else. :D