Options

Best B-Ball Photo of my Career

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited February 25, 2008 in Sports
I'm not sure if I'll be able to top this. I took it tonight when Valpo was playing Miami Ohio for an ESPN Bracket Buster game... I don't remember whether this was in the first or second overtime (I'm tempted to stay the first overtime) but Valpo ended up winning 99-94.
EDIT: I watched the recording of the game on ESPN Classic on my DVR and was able to confirm, it was taken with under 30 seconds left in the first of two overtimes.

This is the first time I've taken a photo that I want to blow up and put on MY wall really big :) Right after I took it I was in shock, lol.

Enjoy! (More photos from the game to come later when I have time to sleep, until then I only uploaded this one!)

258105828_9wVE3-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Very well done! thumb.gif
  • Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Nice shot. You were in perfect position and you were ready to take advantage of the opportunity.thumb.gif
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
  • Options
    dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    you cut his foot off................rolleyes1.gif just kidding awesome shot
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2008
    dbaker1221 wrote:
    you cut his foot off................rolleyes1.gif just kidding awesome shot

haha rolleyes1.gif

Actually one of my favorite things about this photo is that I didn't have to crop it or anything... the ONLY thing I changed in post processing was lightening it up just a touch. :)
  • Options
    dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2008
    Shima wrote:
    haha rolleyes1.gif

Actually one of my favorite things about this photo is that I didn't have to crop it or anything... the ONLY thing I changed in post processing was lightening it up just a touch. :)

you done good...hey , did you cut out those photos of yours from when they printed them in the paper?

I do mine & then highlight my name as the photogrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2008
    dbaker1221 wrote:
    you done good...hey , did you cut out those photos of yours from when they printed them in the paper?

I do mine & then highlight my name as the photogrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

I did and need to take photos of the layouts...sorry been a busy week so I had almost forgotten to do that... though as my original post mentioned the bums only wrote "photo provided" and not my name on them... but alas they later decided that grad students aren't eligible to submit photos (only undergrads they say) so those were my first and last photos in the student newspaper, heh.

By the way: this photo is going to be used in the Valparaiso University Ad for future games that gets put into the Post Tribune out here :) and that WILL have my name on it!
  • Options
    bikingbetsbikingbets Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2008
    Congrats on the fantastic capture! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Here's to many more! beer.gif

Betsy
    Canon 40D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 85mm f/1.8 USM, 24-105mm f/4L IS, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM , 580EX ll
  • Options
    SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2008
    thumb.gifclap.gifthumb.gifclap.gifthumb.gif :ivar

Shane
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8