Options

Hunting the shot

JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
edited March 24, 2005 in Technique
Ok, how many of you have a shot that you have been stalking for a while but just can't get it right? I tried again on one last night and failed again. I ether need more glass (F stop wise) or I'll have to try sooner to dusk, or get a remote for my D2H that will do < 30 sec. I want this shot under full moon light, like last night, but I was unable to get it limited to the 30sec max exposure time of the camera without a remote. :cry I rocked up to Hi-2 (6400iso?) @ 30 sec just to check my frameing and this is all I got. It is a chalanging shot.

18137446-M.jpg

James.

Comments

• Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2005
    What were the settings? Aperture, shutter, ISO. Also, what time was this shot? Are you using any filters on the lens? If this was shot at f/5.6, 30 seconds, and ISO 3200, that is enough to shoot a subject under a crescent moon. So something is not jiving here.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2005
    What were the settings? Aperture, shutter, ISO. Also, what time was this shot? Are you using any filters on the lens? If this was shot at f/5.6, 30 seconds, and ISO 3200, that is enough to shoot a subject under a crescent moon. So something is not jiving here.
    Thanks for the insite, it was at 30s but, I know see that for some reason which I do not know the camera seems to have been stuck at F22, something must have hung up when I changed lens. headscratch.gif Oh well, another day I guess. I wondered why I was having such lighting problems.

James.
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2005
    Ah, very good. Your sleuthing has paid off :-)
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie