dark tower

NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
edited February 26, 2008 in Landscapes
A view from my apartment. More experimenting! I know the tower is too far L. It's more so than it was! I used 40D/24-70mm @ 24 and the tower was tilted - keystoning DXO calls it. I straightened it using DXO and lost a little from L frame. Of course I needed a wider lens to start with. Any recommendations? With the settings I had, the camera didn't give me what I saw with my eyes, particularly not the sky colors. ISO was 200, and noise in the original was quite acceptable. However, after various postwork the noise has increased to easily seen. The colors are right now, though!

259040736_KNYRU-XL.jpg
"Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2008
    Neil, I don't think the tower is too far to the left. It's tough with the construction cranes hanging off the top, that's for sure.

I love the colors of the sky. This is the best time of day, no doubt about that. I don't really notice the digital noise, so I wouldn't worry! thumb.gif
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2008
    Hi schmoo!

Thanks for looking and the comments! Yes, those cranes...!

Looking live at the scene, with the fiery sun just set and the black tower reasserting the dark side (this is in Saudi Arabia, thus the sand in the foreground), the feeling was Mordor-like. I am hard up against getting the camera to give what I see - all my deficiency!

schmoo wrote:
    Neil, I don't think the tower is too far to the left. It's tough with the construction cranes hanging off the top, that's for sure.

I love the colors of the sky. This is the best time of day, no doubt about that. I don't really notice the digital noise, so I wouldn't worry! thumb.gif
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix