Options

Help: Exporting from LR

Barry NicholsBarry Nichols Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited February 26, 2008 in Finishing School
If I have asked this question before, sorry, I have taken in so much over the last month with LR, CS3, and setting up a website that I have had to purge some childhood memories to make room.

So....

Using the LR Uploader, what is the optimum setting for RESOLUTION. The uploader displays 300ppi. Should I change that to a more managable 240, or will that hurt the image when EZ Prints prints a customer order.
Barry Nichols

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2008
    If I have asked this question before, sorry, I have taken in so much over the last month with LR, CS3, and setting up a website that I have had to purge some childhood memories to make room.

So....

Using the LR Uploader, what is the optimum setting for RESOLUTION. The uploader displays 300ppi. Should I change that to a more managable 240, or will that hurt the image when EZ Prints prints a customer order.
    What are you uploading, original raws or JPEGs? HAve you tried Jeffery Friedl's SmugMug Plugin?

240ppi should be fine for most prints.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    Barry NicholsBarry Nichols Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2008
    LRmvcDonR wrote:
    What are you uploading, original raws or JPEGs? HAve you tried Jeffery Friedl's SmugMug Plugin?

240ppi should be fine for most prints.

Don

Uploading processed Jpegs, I have the Plugin. I followed Andy's advice on all the other settings, quality 90-100, diminsions untouched. I am looking for that perfect balance of upload speed and quality.
    Barry Nichols