Options

abandoned

evil eggplantevil eggplant Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
edited March 24, 2005 in Holy Macro
The Anaconda Mine in Weed Heights, nevada operarated for 25 years. During that time the town prospered. Eventually the mine dried up and shut down.

The impact on the town was (and still is) devastating.

Please pardon the low technical quality of this stuff. I just loaded PS CS and I'm a bit out of control at this time. Like a kid in a candy store:):

A few more here http://iceninephotography.smugmug.com/gallery/443169

Cheers

18131590-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2005
    Interesting. I looked at your gallery of these shots. I'm curious how the city busses were used? Surely a town of 500 wouldn't need public transportation. Maybe used to shuttle miners to the mine?

Neat gallery of shots.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    evil eggplantevil eggplant Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2005
    The town of Yearington is close, maybe they used the buses.

There is all kinds of unused, unwanted stuff in the area. Economically depressed areas often host the debris of more affluent areas.

It is really spooky there, I'm looking forward to returning when I have more time to explore.

thanks for the nice words.

Cheers
    Interesting. I looked at your gallery of these shots. I'm curious how the city busses were used? Surely a town of 500 wouldn't need public transportation. Maybe used to shuttle miners to the mine?

Neat gallery of shots.