last stop

Marisa HeymachMarisa Heymach Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited March 3, 2008 in Landscapes
I found this old car parked in a field alongside a country road. It was on private property so I couldn't really experiment with different angles. Let me know what you think. Marisa
259139536_cgZGr-L.jpg

Comments

• Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2008
    neat old truck! i like your photo. looks like a great subject to return to. maybe the owner will let you on the property next time. (the greens seem oversaturated to me, which tends to overpower the truck.)
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • Marisa HeymachMarisa Heymach Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2008
    Thanks for the comments. I would love to get closer to the truck and try some wide angle shots. You're right about the green. I had the setting on vivid.
    Marisa
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2008
    The kind of image that makes you smile :D
    edited February 28, 2008
    revised
    Here's an edited version, slightly cropped, darkened on edges and desaturated a bit for green. I think it's an improvement. Thanks for the constructive advice.

Marisa
    259814474_Mwv7D-L.jpg
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2008
    Awesome find!!! I like the improved color in the second posting. Thanks for sharing.
    thumb.gif

I always feel like I have been given a gift when I stumble across an old car or truck to photograph.

This looks like an exceptionally good subject, but I agree you need to get closer....much closer. You could probably do an entire photo-essay on that one truck. I think it is definately a subject worthy of at least asking for access. I have found that more often than not people will grant access...albeit with a raised eyebrow wondering what in the world you would want a picture of THAT for.

If you ever get closer, be sure to get detail shots of emblems, glass cracks, etc. These can often be better than including the entirety in a landscape.

Good Luck....and don't carry the camera to the door when you knock on it!!!rolleyes1.gif
    edited March 3, 2008
    Last Stop additions
    I went back to the old truck and took these extra shots. Some were tough to shoot because I didn't want to snap any of the branches that had grown around it. I had fun taking them but when I returned to my three year old car, the battery was completely dead! Pretty ironic. I had to call AAA.

261442818_6jLoz-S.jpg

261442857_cHVLk-S.jpg

261447011_pY4iV-S.jpg
    261447029_YCGqX-S.jpg

261447049_Zrd3v-S.jpg

261447078_WR3xU-S.jpg