Flower Closeup

bashfotobashfoto Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited March 1, 2008 in Holy Macro
Me again shot these all at night around 8esh what you think?

dead%20Branch_resize.jpg

single%20branch_resize.jpg

SFlower_resize.jpg

i want to emphesize on the butterfly (White) Either BW or Color which one does anyone work.... ? maybe closer shot would have done?

butterflybw_resize.jpg
OR:scratch
butterfly_resize.jpg

Thanks For Viewing :) C&C ;)

Bashfoto

Comments

• Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2008
    I like the last one but i am tempted to say: a bit brighter would look nicer. tried it in ps and liked the effect so maybe you'll like it too.. rolleyes1.gif

i think the BG suits the first two shots well but it doesnt grab my attention. nice tries though and keep posting them! thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • bashfotobashfoto Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2008
    I Directed the light to the Butterfly but this is how it was:

butterflybright_resize.jpg

:)

I like the last one but i am tempted to say: a bit brighter would look nicer. tried it in ps and liked the effect so maybe you'll like it too.. rolleyes1.gif

i think the BG suits the first two shots well but it doesnt grab my attention. nice tries though and keep posting them! thumb.gif

Bashfoto

• Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2008
    haha well i'm not very sharp at the moment (almost midnight here in Netherlands) but i didnt even see the butterfly... rolleyes1.gif was too caugt up with the beautifull flowers ne_nau.gif

well then i see why you made the image darker rolleyes1.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
    edited February 28, 2008
    hehe it's k i think it would be my fault for not getting closer and making the eye move ; problem is it is white sooo makes it harder to stop unles i moved in close or maybe cropped it.. thx
    haha well i'm not very sharp at the moment (almost midnight here in Netherlands) but i didnt even see the butterfly... rolleyes1.gif was too caugt up with the beautifull flowers ne_nau.gif

well then i see why you made the image darker rolleyes1.gif

Bashfoto

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    Like the last one too- didn't notice the little critter- think it's a moth fly BTW - only around 4-5mm long. Think I'd concentrate on the flower lighting in the shot though.

Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    bashfoto wrote:
    Me again shot these all at night around 8esh what you think?

i want to emphesize on the butterfly (White) Either BW or Color which one does anyone work.... ? maybe closer shot would have done?

ORheadscratch.gif

Thanks For Viewing :) C&C ;)

I like the last shot and the way the light falls on the pink blossoms.
    I didn't see the little bug on the petal either till I read the threads above mine rolleyes1.gif your eye just skims over the top of that little guy doesn't it.

The colour shot shows up the little bug much better, as it tends to blend in with the rest of the image in the B&W Version.

Doing good there Bashphoto thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited March 1, 2008
    Brian,
    I think your right, main reason i darkened the shot was to get the lighting to point to the moth but didn't work, i think the other area's are too dark and somehow the eye moves to that part too.. umm gotta see what i can do . thanks .
    Like the last one too- didn't notice the little critter- think it's a moth fly BTW - only around 4-5mm long. Think I'd concentrate on the flower lighting in the shot though.

Brian V.

Bashfoto

edited March 1, 2008
    thanks Skippy,

ya your eyes kinda just go over it i guess it's also white so kinda blends in with thel ight.

im quite surprised everyone liked the last shot and not the first or even the third shot maybe if i post the first shot in color would that help.. any reason the first and 3rd shot don't work ?

thx Skippy :P
    Skippy wrote:
    I like the last shot and the way the light falls on the pink blossoms.
    I didn't see the little bug on the petal either till I read the threads above mine rolleyes1.gif your eye just skims over the top of that little guy doesn't it.

The colour shot shows up the little bug much better, as it tends to blend in with the rest of the image in the B&W Version.

Doing good there Bashphoto thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Bashfoto