popular gallery theme is "wrong"

mtnbikermtnbiker Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
edited March 14, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I just noticed that my popular gallery theme has reverted back to smugmug, while the rest of my site is gradient? what's up? how can I fix it?

thanks

http://mtnbiker.smugmug.com/popular

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    mtnbiker wrote:
    how can I fix it?[/url]

You can't, but we can - it's our bug. Stay tuned we'll get it done, sorry for the hassle.
  • mtnbikermtnbiker Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    Popular gallery lost theme
    My popular gallery has no theme applied. Viewing in WebDev there is no theme
    applied. Keyword pages have the theme applied. Both of these are use the
    default theme in the control panel.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    My popular gallery lost its stretchiness.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
    edited February 29, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    My popular gallery lost its stretchiness.
    Yes, all part of the same bug. Please stay tuned we'll get it out today - it's already fixed internally :)
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Yes, all part of the same bug. Please stay tuned we'll get it out today - it's already fixed internally :)

Thanks! No worries! thumb.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • poleinajeeppoleinajeep Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    my popular page theme changed? how do i change it back?
    i noticed last night that the theme on my popular page changed from what it was previously. i dont think i did anything to affect it. is this a smugmug issue?

i noticed even Andy's popular photos page lost its formating! will this fix itself?
  • jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    no customization on popular page
    http://www.jasonscottphoto.com/popular/

My customizations are not showing up on this page.

I just moved my js to the js footer box, not sure if that is related...ne_nau.gif
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • eenusaeenusa Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    In addition to the theme change, my popular gallery is showing comments left on some of my galleries/photos. I don't recall that this was the case before.
  • Marc LangilleMarc Langille Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    Andy, thanks...
    For the status update. Hopefully it will be resolved soon!

Cheers,
    Marc
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    OK, it's no longer "today" and the popular gallery is still b0rked... which "today" were you revering to?ne_nau.gif
  • cjyphotocjyphoto Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    I came here to say... Oh it has already been said. thumb.gif
    My Pictures : My Gear
    I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own - Adam Savage
    edited March 5, 2008
    It is broken again. Whats up? ne_nau.gif
  • coleygmcoleygm Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    cjyphoto wrote:
    It is broken again. Whats up? ne_nau.gif

Glad i wasn't the only one having the problem...yeah, my popular gallery seems to have been reverted back to the smugmug default again. ...everything else seems ok.

Hope someone can resolve soon.
    edited March 5, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Seems that "today" never comesheadscratch.gif
    edited March 6, 2008
    Seems that "today" never comesheadscratch.gif
    Right. I was wrong. But it will be fixed, Anthony.
    edited March 7, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Right. I was wrong. But it will be fixed, Anthony.

When?
    edited March 7, 2008
    cjyphoto wrote:
    When?
    Hi, we're really sorry about the bug. But we never give dates, I shouldn't have done so in my prior post in this thread. It's fixed internally and should go out with our next release, very soon thumb.gif
  • scoodogscoodog Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    my default theme not applying to "popular photos" gallery
    Could Andy or someone please take a look at this? I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have a custom theme applied to all pages via control panel. But for some reason it will never take hold on my "popular photos" page.

Thanks in advance,
    scoodog
  • pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    scoodog wrote:
    Could Andy or someone please take a look at this? I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have a custom theme applied to all pages via control panel. But for some reason it will never take hold on my "popular photos" page.

Thanks in advance,
    scoodog

I don't get it. You found the thread that talks about the exact problem you have. It says the problem hasn't been fixed yet a couple posts above yours. How do you still have a question? :D

Dave
    edited March 9, 2008
    pilotdave wrote:
    I don't get it. You found the thread that talks about the exact problem you have. It says the problem hasn't been fixed yet a couple posts above yours. How do you still have a question? :D

Dave
    Because I moved his post to this thread. Move along, no worries thumb.gif
  • pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Because I moved his post to this thread. Move along, no worries thumb.gif

Ha! Now I'm unconfused! :D

Dave
  • poleinajeeppoleinajeep Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2008
    So i realize we are all aware of this, but i have been waiting patiently for what seems like over a week and still no fix. is the bug really that bad? maybe some kind of update on the progress of this fix would help to alleviate the feeling that this issue is being ignored.

thanks
    edited March 9, 2008
    So i realize we are all aware of this, but i have been waiting patiently for what seems like over a week and still no fix. is the bug really that bad? maybe some kind of update on the progress of this fix would help to alleviate the feeling that this issue is being ignored.

thanks
    The bug isn't that bad, it's fixed already, but it's just stuck on our internal test systems with some other stuff that we're still finalizing for our next release. I hope it's soon.

Sorry for the hassle and delay :(
  • ByronDByronD Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    Lost theme on the "popular" page
    Somehow in the last month or so (I don't click on it myself too often) the theme got lost on my "popular" page. I have a default theme specified, and for some galleries I specify others, but my default theme is no longer applied to my popular pics page. To see this, you can go to my site below and click on the "Popular Photos" link in the navbar in the header.

I went browsing around different smugmug sites, and some other people seem to have lost their theme on their \popular page also, although some smuggers are fine.

Any clues are appreciated! :)
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    ByronD wrote:
    Somehow in the last month or so (I don't click on it myself too often) the theme got lost on my "popular" page. I have a default theme specified, and for some galleries I specify others, but my default theme is no longer applied to my popular pics page. To see this, you can go to my site below and click on the "Popular Photos" link in the navbar in the header.

I went browsing around different smugmug sites, and some other people seem to have lost their theme on their \popular page also, although some smuggers are fine.

Any clues are appreciated! :)
    It's a bug and they have it fixed internally. It will be fixed on their next
    maintenance update. See this thread.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • australfotoaustralfoto Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2008
    Theme for "popular photos" gallery
    Hi,
    I have a "popular photos" link on my homepage which shows the 6 most popular images, but when I click on them, the gallery that presents them does not use the same "theme" as my other pages.

Is there any way to define the "theme" for that gallery?

Douglas
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 10, 2008
    Hi,
    I have a "popular photos" link on my homepage which shows the 6 most popular images, but when I click on them, the gallery that presents them does not use the same "theme" as my other pages.

Is there any way to define the "theme" for that gallery?

Douglas

Hi Douglas,

We have a couple of issues with the popular pages right now. It's been fixed internally but not yet pushed to the live site. Hopefully, that won't be much longer. Hang tight :)
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited March 14, 2008
    I was hopeful
    ... that the popular gallery theme would get fixed with the Thurs. night maint... ne_nau.gif
    edited March 14, 2008
    ... that the popular gallery theme would get fixed with the Thurs. night maint... ne_nau.gif
    I moved your new thread on the same subject here, where you've already posted.

It's fixed on our internal systems, waiting for the next release to be pushed. We were up all night last night and it's 740pm East Coast time now, Friday Evening, and we're all still at it.

Hang in there.