Portrait Portfolio C&C

Jonathan R. WalcherJonathan R. Walcher Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited March 6, 2008 in People
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I finally had a chance to go through and pull some of my better portrait shots together and put them in a portfolio on my website.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] Currently [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]portraits are not my primary focus...mostly because I'm still saving up for lights. Spring is around the corner though and outdoor shooting will be possible once again.

Are there any that seem out of place...not good enough?
Are there too many?
Is there too much range?
Does the film strip work well for you?

http://www.jonathanwphotography.com/gallery/4426246_LpGFT

[/FONT]
Focusing on Event, Portrait, and Humanitarian Work....
www.jonathanwphotography.com

Comments

• DmanningDmanning Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    What you've done is exactly what I like to see. You have a style and the selection of photos works well. I don't belive there are too many. Nice job.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    I'm not a big fan of the filmstrip, actually. If it were easier to go from one to the next without having to click each time, I'd like it, but it's not easy enough. I like Smugmug best, personally, as you can use the arrow keys. But I think slideshow is nice, too, if you can switch out the controls at the top.

The only photo I wasn't that impressed with was the youngish couple with her behind him. Looked like it was 3rd or so in the gallery? She's got a wonderful expression and just looks gorgeous, he's got a bored expression and a really bad hot spot on his cheek that I found distracting.

You have some really nice work in there! Gorgeous gallery!
  • Jonathan R. WalcherJonathan R. Walcher Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    Dmanning wrote:
    What you've done is exactly what I like to see. You have a style and the selection of photos works well. I don't belive there are too many. Nice job.

Thanks DManning for taking the time to respond...I really appreciate your input!
  • Jonathan R. WalcherJonathan R. Walcher Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited March 6, 2008
    I'm not a big fan of the filmstrip, actually. If it were easier to go from one to the next without having to click each time, I'd like it, but it's not easy enough. I like Smugmug best, personally, as you can use the arrow keys. But I think slideshow is nice, too, if you can switch out the controls at the top.

The only photo I wasn't that impressed with was the youngish couple with her behind him. Looked like it was 3rd or so in the gallery? She's got a wonderful expression and just looks gorgeous, he's got a bored expression and a really bad hot spot on his cheek that I found distracting.

You have some really nice work in there! Gorgeous gallery!

Thank you Andi for taking the time to respond!

I'm torn about how the gallery is displayed...some people love it and others don't care for it...I think I'll try it this way for a while and see how things go.

I agree with you about the young couple...I'll revist that session and see if I can find one that is a little stronger.

Thanks again!