Original images viewed?

jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
edited April 14, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have a gallery that is set to allow a maximum viewing size of XL, but a couple of the originals have been viewed. The gallery is http://jziegler.smugmug.com/gallery/4413255_mj8vH/1/259269545_X58Q8

How could these originals have been viewed?

Thanks!

Comments

• docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 29, 2008
    James,

The stats were updated recently to no longer count your hits while logged in. But, there are still a few photo tools that might generate hits. Have you used any photo tools on these images? Watermarking, rotation, color correction? Or, have you used any thirdparty applications/hacks with your site? There are a few that may create hits when working with your site.

Can you give us some details? Did you set the size limit before or after the photos were uploaded?

--Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    docwalker wrote:
    James,

The stats were updated recently to no longer count your hits while logged in. But, there are still a few photo tools that might generate hits. Have you used any photo tools on these images? Watermarking, rotation, color correction? Or, have you used any thirdparty applications/hacks with your site? There are a few that may create hits when working with your site.

Can you give us some details? Did you set the size limit before or after the photos were uploaded?

--Doc

I set the limit when I created the gallery. All images were watermarked when uploaded, I didn't see the original when they were first uploaded. The only third party application that I use is the Facebook application to show photos there. I didn't use any of the tools that you mention, but I might have accidentally selected a different photo tool when I was going for the geography tool or the captioning/keywording tool, I don't remember. Possibly the crop tool.

I'm not too worried about this since it doesn't seem like some way to regularly see the originals, but I did see this one other month, and wasn't sure what it was from.
  • fstopFitzgeraldfstopFitzgerald Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    Stats Counting When Logged in
    James:
    I am searching for an answer to a question and your reply here comes the closest. I thought I remember reading that when you were logged in and viewed an image it didnt contribute to the stats. I see now, by experimentation, that by switching to visitor view and viewing a photo, it DOES add to the stats. Can you clarify?
    Many thanks
    Michael
    www.neffworks.com

docwalker wrote:
    James,

--Doc
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    James:
    I am searching for an answer to a question and your reply here comes the closest. I thought I remember reading that when you were logged in and viewed an image it didnt contribute to the stats. I see now, by experimentation, that by switching to visitor view and viewing a photo, it DOES add to the stats. Can you clarify?

Sure - Visitor View is essentially logged out :) So any photos viewed will show as hits to your stats thumb.gif