Smugmug and Lightroom Keyword Issues

kluau88kluau88 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited April 29, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I tried to search but didn't see an answer to a problem I seem to be having. I uploaded some photos from Lightroom where I captioned and keyworded everything. The captions show up fine. The keywords don't. However if I go to the keywords edit link they show up there. Once I save they will then show up. Is this a known bug with uploads from Lightroom as it would seem to have to do this for a lot of photos to get the keywords to show up.

I tried saving under the "bulk editing," but that doesn't seem to work in getting my keywords to show up.

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    Yes, known issue, we've got it on the list, thanks :)
  • kluau88kluau88 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 1, 2008
    Can anyone recommend a workaround or do I just have to "edit" and "save" each photo until a fix is released.
  • tdeadwytdeadwy Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited April 28, 2008
    Any Fix yet?
    Is there a fix to this problem. I seem to be having this problem as well. Strange though, it only shows up randomly. I seem to have luck by doing a bulk edit on keywords and adding a null (select all keywords, add a space, then delete that space, preview, and then save). This adds a "" to the end of the keywords.

This is a REAL pain since I have thousands of images that are keyworded in Lightroom and my customers use keyword searches to find images to purchase. This is effecting my revenue and I need a solution to finding which albums need this done on! Is there a bulk keyword edit that effects most of my albums as once?

Help
    Terry Deadwyler
    http://mrdsphotography.smugmug.com/
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    tdeadwy wrote:
    Is there a fix to this problem. I seem to be having this problem as well. Strange though, it only shows up randomly. I seem to have luck by doing a bulk edit on keywords and adding a null (select all keywords, add a space, then delete that space, preview, and then save). This adds a "" to the end of the keywords.

This is a REAL pain since I have thousands of images that are keyworded in Lightroom and my customers use keyword searches to find images to purchase. This is effecting my revenue and I need a solution to finding which albums need this done on! Is there a bulk keyword edit that effects most of my albums as once?

Help
    Terry Deadwyler
    http://mrdsphotography.smugmug.com/
    I just uploaded some LR images - and they keywords are there - the keywording engine some times takes a little time to make them show on the page, but they will show deal.gif
  • tdeadwytdeadwy Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited April 29, 2008
    Still Having Problems
    Andy,

I'm still having problems. My albums have quite a few keywords in them and it seems kind of random what is happening. I just checked a few and I am having issues with different number of images coming up from a keyword search between when I am logged in and not. I have checked to make sure that the Hello world and Hello smuggers are both checked yes.

I just tried a test where I removed the ";" from my keywords (these come from Lightroom). After I removed the ";" (bulk) keyword searchs now shows the images that I couldn't see before.

Is there a way to remove the ";" from all of my albums at once?????

Terry