Random shots of the kiddos.. critique please!

snowfairysnowfairy Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited March 1, 2008 in People
Just some fairly random shots around the house.. mainly looking for some critique :) I've had a few friends to ask about taking pictures for their family and I'm not even sure my skill level is up to taking free portraits yet TBH so I'm looking to improve. :)

taken after lunch so a dirty face :)

DSC_1193copy.jpg

Did I get this conversion too white? It seems to bright to me

DSC_1195copy.jpg

bath time for the little one
DSC_1122copy.jpg

DSC_1208copy.jpg

DSC_0490copy.jpg

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    In all I would say you have done a great job at getting those all important eyes in focus. You have also avoided centering your subjects...which is a good thing. For your compositions, If I can offer a suggestion, when off centering your subjects...and they are looking away from the camera...compose so that the direction they are facing is toward the empty space in the frame-rather than facing the edge of the frame with a bunch of empty space behind them.

Hope that is helpful.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    i love that last one, very cute! thumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    Cute and colorful
    beautiful portraits
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    Great pictures of your kidsclap.gif

No negative critique's here. You did a great job with accenting, in focus and portrayng the expressions in the eyes.

As a side note, i love the second to last photo. Nothing says kid more than the orange peel smile :D
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/