Options

Where are my comments?

DachDach Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited April 19, 2004 in SmugMug Support
Since this is the place to put our smugmug "wishlist," I'd like to have a better way to know when people put comments by my pictures. E-mail notification would be nice. Failing that, maybe something in the user control panel.

I have several pictures where people wrote comments about them, usually correcting someone's name, but I never hear about it until I meet them months later and they ask if I got their "message." I don't really know how to most effectively implement this, but I just never know when people comment on my photos.

Comments

• Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2004
    Dach, go into "User CP" (Control Panel) => Options => Enable Private Messaging and Email Notifications. If there's a problem, make sure your email addy is entered correctly. You can even choose as a failsafe option a default subscribe mode for threads you've posted to. Hope this helps!

Dang! I just looked at your radio link, and I see that you're pretty much spittin' distance from me. If I can get a signal up here (yo soy en "Guada La Habra Altos") I'll give you a listen, too. Doomy gloomy used to be my thing.. lord, practically decades ago. In any event...
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    DachDach Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2004
    Seamaiden wrote:
    Dang! I just looked at your radio link, and I see that you're pretty much spittin' distance from me. If I can get a signal up here (yo soy en "Guada La Habra Altos") I'll give you a listen, too. Doomy gloomy used to be my thing.. lord, practically decades ago. In any event...
    I used to live there, years ago. I don't think you'll be able to get the radio station from there (unless you have a GREAT antenna) but it still works online.

BTW, the comment thing worked. Now if only there was a way to get a comment summary for the year or so that I didn't have that checked.
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited April 19, 2004
    Hey Dach,

Just to make sure I'm clear, it looks like seamaiden showed how to get notified of comments (posts) here at Digital Grin, but at smugmug it's done through your account settings.

The bottom of this help section has the details:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/photo-sharing-comments

Having a summary page for comments is on our wish list but I'm afraid the honest answer is there are quite a few things ahead of it on the list.

All the best,
    Baldy