Pre-spring Flower Macros!

mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
edited March 5, 2008 in Holy Macro
Saw the trees in the backyard blooming with flowers before eating breakfast this morning. I'm unsure what they're called, if anyone can inform me of the correct name, that would be much appreciated.

Enjoy!

2302161065_16a6e61b33.jpg

2302958466_f786ef00a2.jpg

2302160775_df91868ef3.jpg

2302958176_f35624ab9e.jpg

2302160487_0f075bc052.jpg

2302957834_e9cf494805.jpg

2302160043_04e9b94992.jpg

2302957450_1fce58346f.jpg

2302159693_9a518c1853.jpg

2302159579_dd0a3ecef7.jpg

2302159437_c4b4e5a372.jpg

2302956826_c8cb7cfb12.jpg

Let me know what you guys and gals think. Thanks! : )

Comments

• bashfotobashfoto Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    Great shots , #2 #5 #8 #9 love these , good work,. no i don't know the name i got these in my backyard too . gotta say my sigma doesn't give this of a clear shot , color's look great vivid too. can i ask what lens your using ?

nice one. thx

Bashfoto

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    bashfoto wrote:
    Great shots , #2 #5 #8 #9 love these , good work,. no i don't know the name i got these in my backyard too . gotta say my sigma doesn't give this of a clear shot , color's look great vivid too. can i ask what lens your using ?

nice one. thx

I think they're non-formal name is just cherry blossoms, but I'm not totally sure haha.

Believe it or not, I used a Sigma 70-300mm lens on these on the 200-300mm range in macro mode switched on, on manual focus. If you have the same lens, try doing what I did and shoot around F7.1-F9.0. Its nice and sharp there.

I would suggest using manual focus on your macro lens. Some practice and breathing techniques helps a lot.

Thanks for looking through it. : )
  • matasamatasa Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    great photos thumb.gif

N 1, 3 and 9 are my favorites
    I can resist everything except temptation
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    # 3 is superb!!

go siggy 70-300 :D
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
    edited March 1, 2008
    matasa- thanks! im glad you enjoyed them.

chris- thanks, yeah dont underestimate the Sigma 70-300. ive pulled of so many great shots with it already. its cheap, its sharp (enough, moreso when stopped down), its a good lens for anyone, be it a primary or secondary/aux zoom.

thanks again for looking and commenting.
  • MichelleLMichelleL Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    Wow - what a stunning set. I also thought they were cherry blossoms. Nice work.thumb.gif
    Michelle Legg :smooch

michellelegg.com
    http://legg.smugmug.com/
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow I thought some looked like bradford pears (non fruiting pear trees...just lost of blossoms) or dogwood blossoms...at ay rate....they are gorgeous!!
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    Lovely series - can only say it looks like a Prunus sp. blossom ,that includes flowering cherries but could be something else.
    Brian V.
    edited March 2, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow I thought some looked like bradford pears (non fruiting pear trees...just lost of blossoms) or dogwood blossoms...at ay rate....they are gorgeous!!

Oh I'm pretty sure its some type of fruit, I just don't remember what it bears, it could be pears, though I dont remember ever harvesting anything from these trees except for itty-bitty red things, but I'm still afraid to eat that. haha.

Thanks for the comments, Michelle, Art, Brian.

I'll find out when my dad comes back to visit, he planted the darn things, I just water em'.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    mr peas wrote:
    Saw the trees in the backyard blooming with flowers before eating breakfast this morning. I'm unsure what they're called, if anyone can inform me of the correct name, that would be much appreciated.

Enjoy!

Let me know what you guys and gals think. Thanks! : )

Hey there Mr Peas, these are very pretty Blossoms clap.gif
    I love Pink, the unopened buds look really nice too.

Lovely series thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited March 5, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Hey there Mr Peas, these are very pretty Blossoms clap.gif
    I love Pink, the unopened buds look really nice too.

Lovely series thumb.gif ... Skippy :D

Thanks Skip, haven't seen/heard from you in a while. Hows the land down under.

Wait, is Skip dipping into HDR now? (link) Haha, I thought you were a purist. rolleyes1.gif

Good to hear form you again though, I'll try to post more stuff up now that I'm getting a bit of free time from school and work, though I could always use more work. rolleyes1.gif
  • RobinivichRobinivich Registered Users Posts: 438 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    The sigma is just such a versatile lens, it's a quite good low price tele-zoom, and the macro mode opens up worlds!

It also shows when someone's using it well clap.gif

My only annoyance with this thread and many others, is that you guys seem a month or more ahead of my weather!! I'm in Canada, and there are still snowbanks in my backyard!! They're melting and getting smaller, but the flowers and bugs are a long ways off yet!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2008
    Hello how are you
    Wonderful photos just loved them
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery