Beads

slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
edited March 2, 2008 in Holy Macro
My husband (wonderful guy!) gave me a macro lens and extension tube for Christmas. I took this picture 12/26/07 which was the first time I really had a chance to play with it. This is a shot of one of the compartments of my daughter's bead box.

Beads01.jpg

I haven't had much time to play with the extension tube since then :cry but I plan to try some more this Spring when flowers start blooming and bugs are more plentiful.

Sherry

Olympus E-500 with Zuiko Digital ED 50mm f2.0 Macro lens and EX-25 Entension Tube

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    Lovely shot- good idea to practice on some subjects like these to get used to the lens especially aperure and Dof effects when shooting near max magnification.
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    slpollett wrote:
    My husband (wonderful guy!) gave me a macro lens and extension tube for Christmas. I took this picture 12/26/07 which was the first time I really had a chance to play with it. This is a shot of one of the compartments of my daughter's bead box.

I haven't had much time to play with the extension tube since then :cry but I plan to try some more this Spring when flowers start blooming and bugs are more plentiful.

Sherry

Olympus E-500 with Zuiko Digital ED 50mm f2.0 Macro lens and EX-25 Entension Tube

Playing outdoors will be fun for you with your new lens and tubes,
    I hope you find some really cool bugs to photograph too nod.gif

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    Thanks for the comments Brian and Skippy.

I'm still very much in 'learn mode' not just with the new lens/tube, but photography in general. I'm so glad I found this forum packed with so much helpful information and I just can't wait until I can put some of that info to good use.

Sherry P.
    http://psphotos.smugmug.com