The Chics at work

3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited March 25, 2005 in People
Well 2 weeks in to the 20d and playing around sure does look nice.

18166033-L.jpg

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2005
    Lovely Ladies, pretty eyes, very sharp, like the B&W tone thumb.gif
    I'm no expert on portraits but the background bothers me a little, I think it should a little more OOF headscratch.gif
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2005
    background
    bfjr wrote:
    Lovely Ladies, pretty eyes, very sharp, like the B&W tone thumb.gif
    I'm no expert on portraits but the background bothers me a little, I think it should a little more OOF headscratch.gif
    Yea the background was a tough one. We only had about 2 minutes to get these shots in and we were in a office. About the best I could get at the time.
    ne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • JimFuglestadJimFuglestad Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2005
    Thank you...
    For not having pictures of chickens in a coop. Too many times on other forums I see misleading thread titles... you didn't disappoint - they're a couple of cuties.

I like the candidness of this, but maybe a tad less flash? Was this the onboard flash or an external? If with an external flash using ettl, I'd suggest a bounce with a little flash compensation (like -1 or something). If just the onboard flash, then it's pretty tough to control it too much and this is very very nice for what you had to work with.

Jim
    Live with intention.
    Walk to the edge.
    Listen hard.
    Pratice wellness.
    Play with abandon.
    Laugh.
    Choose with no regrets.
    Appreciate your friends.
    Continue to learn.
    Do what you love.
    Live as if this is all there is.
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2005
    Flash
    For not having pictures of chickens in a coop. Too many times on other forums I see misleading thread titles... you didn't disappoint - they're a couple of cuties.

I like the candidness of this, but maybe a tad less flash? Was this the onboard flash or an external? If with an external flash using ettl, I'd suggest a bounce with a little flash compensation (like -1 or something). If just the onboard flash, then it's pretty tough to control it too much and this is very very nice for what you had to work with.

Jim
    Thanks Jim for the kinds words. The actual photo was a bit darker, however, I boosted the light in the digital darkroom only because we had no overhead lighting in this side of the office and the darker hair on these girls blended into the dark desk in the back ground. I agree it's a tad bright.

Here are the rest of the photos including the originals (with light added). I think you can clearly see which photos I've played around with.

http://kc7dji.smugmug.com/gallery/450809

Thanks again
    kc7dji