MP-E learning Shots

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited March 3, 2008 in Holy Macro

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    Some good shots Bob - the coins though are a bit overexposed ?
    Small DOF comes with the territory when you are shooting at 1:1 or above- same for any lens combo achieving the same magnification.

Brian V.
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    Some good shots Bob - the coins though are a bit overexposed ?
    Small DOF comes with the territory when you are shooting at 1:1 or above- same for any lens combo achieving the same magnification.

Brian V.

Thanks Brian I am doing as you said practising 1:1 and 2:1
    Regards
    Bob
  • couriermancourierman Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2008
    hi there,looking good, now your lighting is not there yet ,have a look for Brian's diffuser post ,you need to get it off the camera as well look again for Brian's setup post here it is ,the coin is gold not silver

here's one of my coins
    IMG_0067.JPG
    Click here to see >>>>My Photos :photo

Canon EOS 40D, MP-E 65 2.8, Sigma EM-140 DG
    Canon EOS 400D Firmware 1.1.1,EF-S 18 55,EF 28 105,Sigma 150 EX DG APO macro,Sigma 70 300 APO DG
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    Still trying to learn this MP-E. I find I am having loads of problems with the DOF.
    Miniature Daffodil with water droplet.
    URL="http://canon400d.smugmug.com/photos/260969888Bob[/quote"]/quote[/URL

Hi Bob the DOF is pretty thin, I struggle with it too,
    but if it is any consolation to you, the folks here on the forum who have the MPE-65 and continue practising have produced some really stunning shots,
    once they figured out how to use the Lens.

You and me my friend are lagging behind :D
    You because you've only just got the lens, and me because I just have not had time to get out there and use it.

You'll get there Bob you will nod.gif just keep practising you will get there.
    ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited March 3, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    canon400d wrote:
    Still trying to learn this MP-E. I find I am having loads of problems with the DOF.

but if it is any consolation to you, the folks here on the forum who have the MPE-65 and continue practising have produced some really stunning shots,

You because you've only just got the lens, and me because I just have not had time to get out there and use it.

.[/quote

Thanks ever so much for those reassuring words Skip as I sure need them. However, I am determined to succeed with it as I know its capabilities that others have achieved. If I get reasonably near their standards I will be perfectly happy. I wish you all the luck in the world with yours too and hope you are not too busy and you can finde the time to practiice.
    Regards
    Bob
    edited March 3, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    Skippy wrote:
    canon400d wrote:

.[/quote

Thanks ever so much for those reassuring words Skip as I sure need them. However, I am determined to succeed with it as I know its capabilities that others have achieved. If I get reasonably near their standards I will be perfectly happy. I wish you all the luck in the world with yours too and hope you are not too busy and you can finde the time to practiice.
    Regards
    Bob

Hi Courierman and thanks for your kind help and advice.
    Regards
    Bob