Butterfly Dreams

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited March 25, 2005 in People
I was digging through my older stuff. I bought my nieces a butterfly kit for their birthday. They ship the cocoons and then you watch them come out after a few weeks.

They were ready on Memorial Day, and it was a beautiful hot day and my father opened the pool at my parents home, and the girls came down with their butterflies. I got this shot and it's been a favorite of mine for awhile.

16021410-L.jpg

Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2005
    Wonderful shot, Perfect image of a child, portrays all the right aspects of her age
    Really very nice clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifthumb.gif
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2005
    That is just too cute! clap.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2005
    How adorable is that?!!! Makes me want a butterfly kit...just so I can have one sit on my finger :D .
    Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 25, 2005
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2005
    I love this child, expression and the way she holds the butterfly. The only thing detracting from the picture for me is that the pattern of the swim suit is competing with the patterns of the butterfly. But still a wonder shot.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2005
    Thank you all for the kind comments.
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2005
    I love this child, expression and the way she holds the butterfly. The only thing detracting from the picture for me is that the pattern of the swim suit is competing with the patterns of the butterfly. But still a wonder shot.
    Ashley
    Yes, you do jump from the swimsuit to the butterfly and back and forth, but I actually kind of like that. I know what you mean though, I've had seen same distraction in other photos and it threw me off. Thanks.