Options

anywhere in the world?

sfausfau Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
just wondering if people have a "top ten list" of places in the world to take a picture. need somewhere to go to!

ps: if this has been done already....could someone point the way
“Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe”……Anatole France

www.sfauphotographs.com

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    Hi sfau, welcome to digital grin wave.gif

I've moved your thread over here, to this more appropriate forum. I don't think this has been asked before, but we'll see what people come up with thumb.gif

You may need to be a bit more specific, or you might get pretty much every place in the world :D

See my signature below on 'how to do most anything' around here. Let us know if you have any questions!
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    Hi sfau, welcome to digital grin wave.gif

I've moved your thread over here, to this more appropriate forum. I don't think this has been asked before, but we'll see what people come up with thumb.gif

You may need to be a bit more specific, or you might get pretty much every place in the world :D

See my signature below on 'how to do most anything' around here. Let us know if you have any questions!

well, i am going aorund the world...no real plan of where, when or why? So every sugestion is a bonus.
    hell...might even get average at photography :D

cheers for the answer
    “Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe”……Anatole France

www.sfauphotographs.com
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    Any place has a magical feeling to it, depending on your personal tastes ....

But for me?

I would love to travel to:
    Ireland (well back there! haha!)
    Scotland
    New Zealand
    Australia!
    Greece
    Italy
    France
    Germany
    Africa
    Vietnam
    Japan

the list grows, but sadly my bank account doesn't grow exponentially with my list of places to visit and interest. :cry
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2008
    All it takes is money, right? :D

The southwest in the US is a great region. Particularly in the Southern Utah/Colorado/NewMexic/Arizona region. Lots of National Parks there, the great big hole in the ground (Grand Canyon), Monument Valley, etc.

Next on my hit list is Machu Pichu. After that Ireland. I'd love to get to New Zealand as well.

Heck, I still am finding great places here at home in California, particularly the central coast area.
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2008
    I don't have a top ten because there are soo many places.

I do have a top three vacations that of course would include photography-

#1. Italy & Greece- art- architecture- & food

#2. Alaska- a multi week rail and cruise trip to get Glaciers and Wildlife

#3. Tahiti (or similar) - for relaxing- snorkeling- probably the least amount of photos of the three

Otherwise there are hundreds of places within the US and thousands more around the world I would love to spend some time in.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2008
    sfau wrote:
    need somewhere to go to!
    You have my profound sympathy as you battle with this problem! mwink.gif

But what do you want, or like, to shoot? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2008
    well if it were me........castles are my subjects of desire
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2008
    thanks....
    i guess i am just a confused lost fool in search of what is always just around the next corner.

however....italy, greece and france were great! Its only now that i am going Doh! i could of taken better photos!

slowly learning...i think headscratch.gif

www.sfauphotographs.com
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 4, 2008
    Also check out the various "LOCATION:______" threads in this forum.

They are relatively new and not heavily populated yet but you will find some interesting posts and images. thumb.gif
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    I'll tell you a secret. The one place on this earth that I want to set foot on before I die are the McMurdo Dry Valleys of Antarctica. Dunno why. I just want to set foot in those valleys.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops